Senior Business Development and Partnerships Manager role based in Charlotte, NC.
The client is on a mission to revive and modernize the American Dream by bringing the homebuilding process online. They couldn't be more excited to work at the intersection of software and the real world. They believe that this is where the society's best progress will come from in the next 10 years.
The client is a growing team of twenty-five. They come from companies like Opendoor, CBRE, Facebook, DoorDash, Toll Brothers, etc. They’ve backed by top investors, including Khosla Ventures, YCombinator, JLL Spark, Sam Altman, Kevin Hartz and many more.
They are not taking a traditional approach, and they are not looking for traditional thinkers. Working with their client on the early team puts you at the cornerstone of simplifying the custom home building process and making it accessible to all. They are looking for talented individuals who not only challenge the norm, but challenge them as a team.
They are looking for an experienced business development professional to own the supply side of their client’s custom home building platform — specifically by sourcing land and connecting with potential building partners. You'll be charged with developing partnerships with builders, developers, and realtors in order to identify amazing land opportunities that empower their homebuyers to build the home they want, where they want it.
- Build long term relationships with builders, realtors, and developers that lead to exclusive partnerships on lot and home listings, creating their land acquisition playbook as you go.
- Identify lot and home opportunities sourced through partnerships and work with internal and external stakeholders to prepare those opportunities for future homebuyers
- Educate local builders, Realtors, and developers on the company's building process and how they bring value to each party through in-person meetings and workshops.
- Establish a deep understanding of the local real estate market grounded in builder, realtor, and developer perspectives and experience
- Diligently update their CRM and tracking systems, ensuring all teams stay up-to-date with correct information on lot opportunities
- Collaborate with internal construction and client-facing teams to ensure their land acquisition partners are happy with their processes and results
- 5+ years of experience in sales, business development, partnerships or similar role
- Experience with home building, land development, or real estate is a major plus
- Experience using a CRM including Salesforce or HubSpot preferred
- A track record of building long-lasting relationships with industry partners
- Ideally a real estate license, similar accreditation, or comparable experience
- Excited to learn, grow and get in on the ground floor of a company that is changing how homes are designed and built
- Oriented towards long-term success with a true desire to help builders, Realtors, and developers grow their business and deliver value to all parties
- Someone who enjoys frequently interacting with people via phone, in-person, email, and social media to articulate ideas + build trust
- Able to balance being both creative and analytical when it comes to gathering information about land prices, home plans, and area comps
- A team player with a strong desire to help implement and improve internal and external processes
- Resilient and able to succeed in the face of new and/or unforeseen challenges
- Receptive to feedback, with the willingness to learn and embrace continuous improvement
- Highly accountable, professional, and attentive to even the smallest details