Sales Engineer - NY / Remote role based in NY, United States.
The client is a VC-backed start-up using operational technology to merge disparate systems, allowing asset and portfolio owners to manage and gain valuable insights into their buildings. They have head offices in NY, Dubai, Australia, Italy and the UK are growing rapidly. They are now seeking an experienced Sales Engineer to join their US team. This will be the first Sales Engineer in the US.
As a key contributor to their Enterprise Sales Engineering team, you’ll serve as a technical champion to uncover true customer needs and demonstrate the clients' powerful value proposition. You’ll be working with sales counterparts, to help acquire new customers, expand relationships and drive revenue growth. Your breadth and depth of knowledge in data discovery and analysis will expand significantly, and you’ll help shape the product roadmap.
Success in this role requires security and technical acumen to develop a deep understanding of technology architecture and services and a consultative approach to understanding customer business needs. You'll leverage your communication skills to engage in technical and business discussions with engineers and senior decision makers alike, translating customer needs into technical requirements and conveying the merit of the clients solutions throughout.
This individual will be in a key client-facing role working in the pre and post-sales phases and will take ownership of client strategy and technology solutions required to win sales pursuits.
The Ideal Candidate
This position is consultative and the ideal candidate will be able to identify and navigate around challenges. They will be someone with experience in business intelligence, analytics and building automation software at an enterprise level.
This role can be located in New York or Remote
- Technical Lead: Be the technical lead in the sales process. Collaborate with internal sales, marketing and services teams to develop customized presentations, demos, prototypes and trials. Contribute to sales scripts, lead customer discovery, implement prototypes, share knowledge expertise, and guide solution development/deployment
- Consultative Problem-Solving: Take a consultative role in the sales process, work with prospects & clients on their digital vision & roadmap, identify & design solutions for “quick win” business cases.
- Solution Design: Own technical solutions for prospects & clients, request for proposals (RFP), and requests for inquiry (RFI) during the pre and post-sales phases and contribute ideas and solutions options based on client’s needs. Serve as the domain expert on their solutions throughout the sales lifecycle.
- Scope & Articulate Needs: Communicate customer requirements and potential competitor solutions. Provide a strong technical response in aid to customer needs
- Business Development: Manage customer pilots, ensuring that they are engaged with the product and moving toward a resulting solution, Support account growth & new business development
- Thought Leadership - Be a thought leader on smart building & automation trends. Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and best practices in order to guide clients on business & technical decisions to ensure success. Run workshops & webinars for senior executive audiences
- 5+ years sales engineer / technical account manager experience within enterprise SaaS buying environments
- Experience in successfully articulating & selling the value of Business Intelligence & Analytics or Building Automation tools
- Demonstrated expertise in building automation systems and /or IoT & connected platform technologies
- Ability to influence both technical and executive audiences; savvy presentation and demonstration skills, fluidly translating complex technology concepts
- Advocate for team selling, partnering with sales to qualify opportunity and align key customer stakeholders
- Ability to work autonomously and to prioritize tasks while managing a diverse workload in a fast-paced environment
- Keen attention to detail and consistent follow-through to commitments
- Curiosity to learn and assimilate technical information quickly, enthusiasm to share and teach others
- Willingness to travel up to 35%