IT Infrastructure Operations – Systems Analyst role based in London, UK.
Team function & responsibilities
As a part of IT Infrastructure operations, the systems analyst will function as a team member responsible for delivery of services across several IT infrastructure areas. This includes; Service desk, administration, maintenance, monitoring and operations of Windows and Linux, servers/desktops, VMware and storage systems. A focus on maintaining stable and supportable environments adhering to defined engineering standards and service levels.
Provide request, incident and problem management for users and supported systems. Following service and change management procedures systems and users supported.
Knowledge and experience administering Windows Server and Desktop Operating Systems, VMWare. A good knowledge of VMWare View and administration is desirable. Familiarity with Linux operating Systems, and storage systems.
- Liaises with internal client base to confirm requirements and respond to requests for technical assistance in person or via phone to diagnose and resolve end user technical hardware and software issues
- Administration and operations of daily checks, tasks and changes to systems including Windows, Linux, Virtualization, and network devices
- Manage and maintain vulnerability patch management infrastructure across all supported systems
- Administer and implement software/firmware/driver updates to all supported systems
- Use VMWare tools / manage Windows Server, Windows Desktop, Linux Server and Linux Desktop Virtual Machines.
- Use of VMWare tools to configure Horizon & ESX environments (Servers and Desktops)
- Provide support for infrastructure and application development projects, including procurement, implementation and maintenance
- Ongoing monitoring, analysis and improvement to the Windows, Linux, VMware to reach agreed service levels
- Provide support and analysis for all systems troubleshooting participating on major incidents, service restoration and problem management
- Data center operations support including move, adds and changes
- Maintain market & industry awareness of new products, including functional specifications that could offer improved value to the business
- Liaise with appropriate application development representatives to optimise operations and administration of systems
- Liaise with third party vendor operations management
- Participation in on-site daily coverage with overnight and weekend on-call support as part of a rotation
- Working closely with client group, build and maintain strong business relationships
Applicable to all staff
- Ensure the business area conducts its activity in accordance with all relevant external regulators and QMA Information security policies.
- As business needs necessitate the individual may be required to work after regular work hours
- Ensure compliance with the regulatory and statutory requirements and QMA Information Security compliance policies and procedures affecting the business area.
- Report any breaches of regulations to Legal and Compliance.
- Ensure the business unit operates in accordance with stipulated risk management policies and procedures, covering market risk, credit risk and operational risk.
- Ensure failures and shortcomings in policies and procedures are reported.
Hands on experience in an IT Service Desk support and/or operations role; supporting Windows and/or Linux virtual infrastructures within critical production environments, with emphasis on service delivery and support
- IT Service Desk end user support in financial service industry
- VMWare Horizon VDI experience.
- VMWare ESXi experience eg. 6.0, 6.5, 6.7
- Advanced Windows 2012 / Windows 2016 / Windows 7, Windows 10 operating systems experience.
- Microsoft Office software
- Previous roles supporting/performing Operating Systems administration (VMWare, Windows, Storage, Unix)
- Bloomberg anywhere application
- Android & iOS mobile operating system
- Keep software asset schedule and manage deployment of new assets and software upgrades as required
- Strong working knowledge of all Microsoft applications including Office 365
- Management of 2FA login software
- Strong working knowledge of mobile hardware and Apple / Android
- Hands on networking experience
- Basic Linux systems administration and operation
- Industry relevant Windows, Linux, Networking (CCNA) & Virtualization certifications
- Implementation / production support experience of Office 365 cloud services.
- Experience / deployment of server hardware – HP series hardware, Cisco UCS
- Generic financial systems, market data experience an advantage.
- Altassian Jira Products
- Netapp Storage systems operations
- Self-motivated individual
- Hardworking and dedicated team player
- Able to communicate at all levels
- Strong investigative skills
- Problem solving skills & perseverance
- Technical Literacy
For further details please contact Fergus - firstname.lastname@example.org