Investment Research Manager role based in New York, San Diego or Chicago.
NEW YORK, CHICAGO, SAN DIEGO /
RESEARCH – RESEARCH /
They are changing the way that commercial real estate (CRE) is done—disrupting a $15 trillion industry by becoming the modern operating system for CRE. They invented the category of leasing and asset management, which allows landlords and brokers to take their entire leasing process online to maximize revenue and performance. Last year, they launched the fastest adopted new product in proptech, their Market. Rise Buildings by them is leading an entirely new category of software - tenant experience. They also recently launched their Data, already getting front-page references in the Wall Street Journal and quoted by Reuters, The Real Deal, Commercial Observer, and many more. Their success shows in their numbers—they hit "Unicorn" status in 2019 and today they have over 12 billion square feet of commercial space managed on their platform on 80,000 buildings in 34 countries, and they’ve expanded to over 400 employees globally. It’s an exciting time to join the their team as they continue to grow rapidly and break records.
Their headquarters are in NYC, but they have major hubs in other cities including Chicago, IL, Toronto, CA, London, UK, San Francisco, CA, and Austin, TX.
How Does This Position Help Them Succeed?
Your responsibility will be to grow the Investment Research function with them. You will help their customers leverage their Data by understanding their investment process and needs, demonstrating where / how they Data augments their analysis, improves decision making, and reduces risk. Reporting to the Head of Investor Research, you will work closely with Product, Market Research, and Client Advisory teams on a daily basis to improve their their Data offering and better service our customers. In addition, this role will also work in close collaboration with their internal Product and Sales teams to ensure alignment on core growth strategies.
What Makes This Job Awesome?
- You’ll become an expert of the their Data product and value proposition
- Help grow the their investment research function, build and maintain a competitive advantage in the marketplace through investment strategy expertise, analysis, and insight
- Ability to understand the needs and day-to-day decision making of high profile personas across their client base (CIOs, Heads of Acquisition, Research, and Portfolio Management)
- Knowledge of the key data inputs that drive decision making across the asset lifecycle (market selection, underwriting, budgeting, leasing strategy, etc.)
- Create cutting-edge deliverables based on client and internal stakeholder inputs
- Contribute to client presentations by working with Product, Research, and Sales teams to assemble, analyze, interpret and disseminate market intelligence with a focus on office market fundamentals
- Act as knowledge manager of the capital markets, macroeconomic, tenant demand, and inventory/development data affecting commercial real estate investment priorities across major office markets
What Makes You a Great Fit?
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years professional experience in commercial real estate research, acquisitions, asset management, portfolio management, or capital markets brokerage. Professional experience in a role on the owner/operator side of the business is highly desirable
- Thorough knowledge of commercial real estate fundamentals across multiple geographies with core competency in the office sector
- Strong quantitative skill set with an ability to identify new insights and trends through new and previously unavailable data and industry metrics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and superior intrapersonal skills
- Experience in client settings and/or public speaking highly desired
- Well-developed personal network of CRE professionals with an emphasis on relationships with owner/operators
- Team player mindset. Able to work across cross-functional groups within their Research, Product, Marketing, PR, Operations and leadership teams to achieve company goals and create exceptional results
- Can oversee multiple projects or assigned tasks, determine priorities and develop a through-line to completion, including harnessing the right resources and collaborating along the way
- Ability to skillfully maneuver through uncertainty and shifting priorities with minimal oversight
- Passionate about data, technology, and bringing commercial real estate into the 21st century
- Proficiency in Tableau, Power BI, Looker, SQL, Python, R, or other programming, database, or data visualization tools a plus
What They Value & How They Show It:
- Strive for Excellence- They know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of their executive coaches and their training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed – They’re employee obsessed too! They offer competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious- Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. They offer an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One- They work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership- Be an owner of the company you’re building with their equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference- They embrace and celebrates diversity. They understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. They offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
They embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. They are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive they are, the better their work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.