Our client envisions a commercial real estate industry in which accurate and transparent data leads to better, faster deals for everyone. They gather critical information that is hard to access, then make it instantly and seamlessly available to their platform members.
Launched in 2012, they’ve built a network of 25,000 brokers, appraisers and research professionals across the country, using a unique crowdsourced model. Their clients enjoy the foremost lease and sale transaction data combined with a robust analytics platform. Our client unique data and intuitive platform is used by the world’s largest real estate investors, lenders, brokers and appraisers to compare properties, underwrite investments and loans, close deals and track market trends.
Our client is looking for a user-centric, results-oriented Design Director to join their team. In this role, you will be responsible for creating and delivering product experiences that delight their users and allow them to fully realize the value of the data, analytics, and insights. This extends from increasing the value of existing products to developing new and innovative solutions.
You combine a passion for design innovation with a commitment to user-centricity. In addition, you have effective communication and collaboration skills, able to speak both business and tech, and can work effectively with a broad range of stakeholders to deliver exceptional products. Our client put their customers first and take pride in designing consumer-grade UX for an underserved financial market.
Your day to day:
- Deliver innovative product designs and user experiences that delight clients and enable them to apply the data and insights to their business needs
- Incorporate best practices and innovative design thinking to inform design decisions and create a user-obsessed approach toward software design and development
- Collaborate closely with product owners, engineers, and other stakeholders to assess feasibility of ideas, implement your designs to spec and ship great products
- Develop conceptual sketches, diagrams, wireframes, hi-fidelity mockups, and prototypes for ideation, testing and experimentation
- Convey the expected experience through supporting documentation, such as user stories, requirements, and functional annotations.
- Proactively identify and mitigate product and design risk; working with various stakeholders to resolve program issues
- Develop a deep understanding of our users and clients through qualitative and quantitative research
- Build strong effective relationships with functional and geographic teams to evangelize, influence and execute the strategy and vision
- BA in design or a related field, 6+ years of UX design experience, preferably with B2B data and analytics products
- Demonstrable passion for designing exceptional user experiences.
- Command of web design best-practices, common UI patterns and an ability to develop simple and elegant design solutions that solve complex design problems.
- A high-level understanding of current relevant technologies and ability to quickly comprehend the fundamentals of new technologies and how those might influence requirements, design approach, and product innovation.
- Experience leading market research and usability testing programs with the ability to incorporate the resulting feedback into the design process
- Iterative designer, able to generate multiple ideas to solve a problem and work based off feedback (designers, stakeholders, customers)
- Proven team leadership, project management and group facilitation skills. Highly effective oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented approach to handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high growth and dynamic environment
- They pride ourselves on an environment that is fun, collaborative, and rewards hard work. They look forward to the value that future employees will add to our amazing teams!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates employees and applicants of all identities, backgrounds, abilities, and perspectives. They foster a welcoming work environment that supports diversity and inclusion, and they reject discrimination or harassment of any individual. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with any part of the application process, please let us know. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.