Utility Billing Analyst
A PropTech SaaS platform are looking for a Utility Billing Analyst to join their growing team.
They are looking for an experienced Utility Billing Analyst to join their Client Success team. You must have at least 2 years of experience in utility billing and auditing. This individual will be responsible for managing the process to support their ATB (Automatic Tenant Billing) and MRA (Meter Reading App) products. Specifically, you will be responsible for setting up new billing clients, generating monthly utility invoices across their portfolio of billing clients, and auditing the bills. You will assist with customer service and support relating to submetering inquiries from the landlords and tenants. They are a distributed team and members are encouraged to work from wherever they are most comfortable and productive.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Achievement-oriented: enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail.
- Detail-oriented: would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High-stress tolerance: thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Adaptable/flexible: enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Dependable: more reliable than spontaneous
- Quality check software-generated bills to confirm the accuracy of utility costs, distribution charges, and other fees
- Maintain accurate rates and tariffs
- Review tenant leases to ensure the use of proper tariffs and rates
- Manually process utility bills that are not available through the digital bill retrieval platform
- Provide customer support to users performing manual meter reads via software applications
- Perform an annual review of the utility tariff structures in major cities where the company operates
- Review and improve internal processes for bill generation in close cooperation with the software team
- investigate and resolve utility bill anomalies and variances
- Work directly with clients’ accounting and property management teams to maintain an accurate and up-to-date tenant stacking plan
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the Utility Billing field.
- Demonstrable experience analyzing and modeling utility tariffs
- Understand the difference between consumption (kWh) and demand (kW)
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize work based on multiple factors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Previous experience as a Billing Analyst or in a similar role for 3-5 years
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel and Google Sheets.
- Proficiency in the Google GSuite apps.
- Knowledge of Django is a plus
- Paid vacation and personal days
- Work from home budget
- Generous transportation benefits
- Health insurance including dental & vision
For further details please contact Hattie -