Technical Writer role based in Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom.
As a Technical Writer, you will create, develop, and edit operational and online instructional documentation or other content for paper, multimedia, web-based publications, and user sites.
This is a key support position, and you will work closely with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to gather information, identify target audiences, and determine technical documentation needs.
You will analyze procedural, process, target audience, and systems information to create user documentation for non-technical and technical users for assigned software products and training modules. This role may document a single project or lead a specific process within multiple projects to maximize the business value of the company’s products.
Additionally, you may perform manual testing on various products, to understand the functionalities or to assist the Quality assurance team.
What they’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience;
- At least 1 year of relevant technical writing experience, preferably in the software industry;
- Preference to have working knowledge of one or more of the following: Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe Acrobat Pro, help-system authoring tools, Microsoft Visual Studio Team Explorer, and Camtasia or other multimedia tools;
- Excellent English writing and communication skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite;
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and apply new tools, processes, and standards;
- Robust knowledge of document structuring, content communications, and presentation techniques
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Style Guide;
- Demonstrated ability to explain technical concepts to audiences that have varying degrees of technical ability;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively;
- Strong time management skills and an ability to take accountability for completing projects;
- Demonstrated ability to absorb/learn and retain information quickly, specifically complex technical information;
- Demonstrated ability to analyze target audience and to present ideas in user-friendly language;
- Knowledge of applicable industry/field experience.
What you'll do:
- Research, develop, organize, write, and edit technical materials in a variety of formats, managing multiple projects simultaneously as needed;
- Collaborate with SMEs to establish technical specifications;
- Publish developed content leveraging multiple communication channels, e.g., paper, multimedia, web-based publications, and user sites;
- Maintain organized records of all materials, drafts, and previous versions;
- Contribute to the production of technical diagrams and graphs;
- Follow and maintain established style of content guidelines across platforms and media;
- Analyze written and published content to maintain continuity of style;
- Ensure technical documents are published on schedule;
- Work with style guidelines, managing graphics, and communicating complicated material to a wide range of audiences;
- Maintain updates and revisions to technical documentation and materials as new issues occur;
- Work efficiently and accurately in content management systems, adhering to best practices and departmental standards for terminology and content management
For more information contact James Gershfield <James.Gershfield@lmre.tech>