Technical Project Manager
Our client is revolutionizing the digitalization of the built environment. Their cutting-edge data management software solutions and expert digital delivery consultants empower clients to seamlessly share project information and collaborate across their supply chain, enabling them to take full control of estate asset information.
Our client take pride in guiding asset owners, public sector bodies, developers, architects, engineers, and contractors through the entire lifecycle of their building projects, from conception to operation. Our expertise in information management and our custom-built Common Data Environment (CDE) platform, which ensures unparalleled support throughout every phase of the asset lifecycle.
They are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Technical Project Manager to lead and oversee the successful delivery of technical and software development projects in collaboration with their valued customers.
The ideal candidate should possess a strong blend of technical expertise, project management skills, and excellent communication abilities. As a Technical Project Manager, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the seamless execution of projects from inception to completion, meeting customer requirements and organisational objectives.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Collaborate with customers to understand their software requirements, goals, and expectations.
- Define project scope, objectives, and deliverables in alignment with customer needs and company capabilities.
- Develop comprehensive project plans, timelines, and resource allocation strategies.
- Assemble and lead cross-functional project teams, including developers, designers, testers, and other stakeholders.
- Assign tasks, set clear expectations, and manage team members’ performance and productivity.
- Foster a collaborative work environment, encouraging open communication and knowledge sharing.
- Possess a deep understanding of software development methodologies, technologies, and best practices.
- Provide technical guidance and insight to the project team, aiding in decision-making and issue resolution.
- Identify potential technical challenges and proactively devise solutions to ensure project progress and quality.
- Identify project risks, assess their potential impact, and develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Monitor project health and progress, taking corrective actions as needed to maintain project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with customers, acting as the main point of contact for project updates and discussions.
- Regularly communicate project status, milestones, and any deviations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Facilitate effective communication between technical and non-technical teams to ensure a shared understanding of project objectives.
- Implement quality control processes to ensure software development adheres to best practices and meets customer expectations.
- Conduct thorough testing and validation of deliverables before presenting them to customers for review.
- Create and maintain project documentation, including project plans, status reports, meeting minutes, and technical specifications.
- Generate regular progress reports and present them to internal and external stakeholders
- Proven experience (minimum 3 years) as a Technical Project Manager in the software development industry.
- Strong knowledge of software development methodologies and project management tools.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in technical problem-solving and the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycle.
- Project management certification (PMP, PRINCE2, or similar) is a plus.
- It is also essential that you either have or are able to complete Security Clearance as a large portion of our customers are government clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Knowledge or experience of Information Management and the BIM industry.
Full time (40 hours per week Monday-Friday)
Salary: £55 – £65k per annum (depending on experience)
Working from home (permanently)
25 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays)
Benefits – After 3 months include Bupa healthcare, pension, life assurance