Team Lead, Professional Services role based in Remotely in the UK.
They are the world’s leading provider of facility and construction cost data, software, and services for all phases of the building lifecycle. A pioneer of Job Order Contracting (JOC), their offerings also include their proprietary RSMeans data, Sightlines Facility Intelligence solutions, VFA Facility, and Kykloud capital planning software solutions. From planning to design, procurement, construction and operations, their solutions help clients maximize efficiency, optimize cost savings, and increase building quality. They are a part of the international business group Fortive, with 26,000 people employed worldwide.
The PS Team Lead will be responsible for leading the UK professional services team made up of 3 to 4 people, both as a technical and personnel lead. As the technical lead, you will assist to solve complex challenges with clients, track and support service escalations, collaborate with product engineering, sales and support and manage some of their largest most prestigious clients.
As the personnel lead, you will manage and support the team’s development, manage and track the team’s financial targets, including revenue forecasts, scheduling and utilization, professional and business goals, etc.
The successful candidate will be highly self-motivated, an expert at juggling multiple competing projects and priorities on fast-paced timelines and is able to deliver unparalleled customer success.
This position reports directly to the Manager of Professional Services and will be a remote position within the UK.
- Develops project plans specifying goals, regular reporting, owning meetings and communication, following-up on tasks, identifying risks and contingency plans, and keeping resources and efforts of software implementation projects focused on the priorities, timeline, and budget in support of their larger more complex projects
- Builds effective client relationships and communications and serves as a single point of contact for customers by managing the complete software implementation lifecycle, including business process analysis, configuration, training, and overall client management
- Ensures the success of the team’s projects, as defined by the project scope, budget, and timeline.
- Ensures that all internal resources are properly aligned, and that the team’s activities are reinforced for better operational efficiency and execution of the implementations
- Conducts regular team meetings and one-on-ones with team members to support their business and professional goals
- Fosters positive employee morale and teamwork
- Ensures appropriate billability of project hours and allocates time and expenses to projects as necessary
- Ensures timely tracking and submission of forecasts for revenue and resources
- Ensures project adherence to their project methodology (standard work)
- Prepares project status reports and keeps management, clients, and others informed of project status and related issues
- Works with customers to understand and document their requirements and their critical success factors for an implementation of the product
- Leads discovery, co-creation workshops and stakeholder interviews with their customers to clearly understand and document the appropriate requirements
- Collaboratively designs and documents the solution, to meet those requirements and critical success factors for their customers
- Supports the customer in migrating data from their legacy systems into the final solution
- Sets-up, configures and builds the solution their customers require in the software product ecosystem
- Supports team and customers during the user acceptance testing process to ensure the solution performs as it is required and resolve any further issues or adapt the solution to the customers satisfaction
- Deploys the final and signed off solution across the relevant environments into production
- Provides training to educate the customer in the operation and use of their solution into their business
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice to clients, resolves problems, ensures timely resolution of issues, and communicates resolved issues to clients and internal personnel
- Assists with presale activities including meetings and conference calls to determine needs analysis and project scope/pricing
- Identifies potential change request opportunities and sells additional resources/services to clients to increase revenues over planned targets
- Committed to becoming a product expert and using best practice to achieve customer goals
- Leverages and implements Fortive Business System (FBS) tools where appropriate to proactively identify and solve problems
- Delivers a minimum of 30% billable hours
- During COVID, most travel has been suspended. At some future point travel may resume (20% - 40% of the time) for in-person customer visits
- At least 5 years’ experience leading a services team of 2 or more professionals with successful track record of exceptional team performance delivering high customer satisfaction
- At least 5 years’ experience in software implementation and a track record of delivering client implementations
- Delivery focused. Have a good understanding to what you can and can’t commit to and have a proven track record of delivering what you committed to
- Proven ability to successfully manage your own diary and your team’s utilization to successfully balance multiple projects, understanding when the volume of requests will impact the quality of you and your teams work
- Experience managing a timeline and building and executing project plans, being mindful of commercials and delivering to billable utilization targets
- Ability to translate customer business requirements into business solutions
- Successful problem solver. Understand the difference between being solution focused and not simply agreeing to a client’s request when a better solution may be possible. You look for innovative ways to resolve issues and you aren’t constrained by what you don’t know
- A thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle. Experience with all phases of a client software implementation lifecycle, including initial needs analysis, project administration, software installation, onsite training, systems troubleshooting, and ongoing account management
- Experience implementing software and supporting clients. Manage multiple clients at once, breaking their projects down into tasks, estimating effort and delivering the projects
- Experience facilitating workshops, gathering requirements, understanding client processes, making software and workflow work together
- A thorough understanding of data manipulation and analysis for data migrations and building reports/visuals
- Experience of data manipulation, ideally using SQL, SSIS or similar manipulation and workflow packages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including instructing or speaking to an audience
- Self-motivated learning style with a drive for consistent improvement and excellent eye for detail
Additional Experience (strongly desired, but not required):
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred in related discipline: Business, Management, Technology, Facilities/Construction Management or Quantity Surveying
- Experience with project management lifecycle, including expected milestones and deliverables as they relate to a successful software implementation
- Experience in the Facilities Management or Engineering field
- Experience of Software, ideally SaaS implementations
- Previous involvement in pre-sales activities
For more information contact Bradley Bartlett <firstname.lastname@example.org>