Senior Product Manager (Data)
This is a really exciting role working within the Product Team however with a strong data focus. They are looking for someone who has experience defining a logical data model and also has experience with data standardisation, working on how they scale data pipelines to aggregate multiple data sources in.
Role Remit & Outline
As part of the Product team, reporting to the Head of Product, this new role will develop and own a global data platform.
Main Accountabilities including the following:
- Own the global data product roadmap. You will be a strategist who will set the high-level vision and direction for their data strategy, and turn it into actionable tasks.
- You’ll ensure the data strategy helps us meet their product-wide strategy and will also be commercially minded.
- Own the central product data model and data products including an existing API
- Collaborate closely with the other PMs, understanding their data needs for the various products they manage. You’ll work with individuals across the Product and Engineering teams, advising on data best practices.
- Bring innovation to the data services, looking for opportunities to develop the proposition further
- Act as an evangelist for their data services internally and externally, and as the first point of contact with the rest of the business for data queries
- You will manage the data product backlog, and lead sprint planning and scoping sessions, bringing an ability to prioritize and execute to the data services
- Help us develop an efficient product development process by identifying and removing roadblocks to realise product milestones.
- You will deliver scalable global data services that can be leveraged by all the products
- You’ll lay out a vision for developing their data products proposition
- Ability to rapidly understand complex functional and technical requirements
- Subject matter knowledge of key data and analytics technologies
- Experience of defining a logical data models
- Research led: You are customer focussed, curious, and data informed
- Strategic: You set the product strategy, build roadmaps, and focus on impact
- Leadership: You inspire and motivate others to work towards your vision. You are a clear and confident communicator and execute decisively.
- Execution: You help your the team to focus on the right problems to solve, managing scope and supporting delivery
- Collaborative: You build an engaged and collaborative team
- Ownership: You feel real responsibility for the success of your product
- Developing or managing logical data models
- Experience working as a product manager, ideally in a SaaS environment, including the use of Agile methodologies & disciplines, and experience working collaboratively in a cross functional team.
- Product management experience of a data or API product
- Nice to have: SQL
- Competitive salary and equity options
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days paid holiday (plus flexi-bank holidays)
- Unlimited unpaid holidays
- Professional and personal training budget
- Gym and wellness contributions, and a cycle to work scheme
- Dog-friendly office
- Lots of virtual social events, including a quarterly 'away day' and monthly socials
For further details please contact Oliver -