Our client bridges the gap between construction and artificial intelligence, with a verification layer for the real estate industry. They are a growth stage startup with a group of highly motivated entrepreneurs, ambitious on building the future of visual documentation construction verification. With ground breaking technology, they are reimagining how construction sites are built with transparency and accountability, bringing data to empower real estate decisions makers everywhere to make critical, time sensitive decisions.
Product, technology and design is in their DNA and at the core of everything our client does. A product role at this company requires an all-in startup mentality, a team-first attitude, self-motivation, a strong desire to succeed, and build world class products. Join a diverse team with deep domain experience in 3D graphics, computer vision, artificial intelligence, and the construction & insurance industry as we push the boundaries in a space ripe for innovation.
As a Sr Product Designer you will lead and cultivate a culture of design at the company and drive a best-in-class, user-centric experience for our customers. Their product team is strong in research and problem-solving skills, have deep technology and construction expertise, and are an energetic, driven group of people. They’re seeking a passionate and creative individual with an eye for functional design to join their team to influence the future of their platform through an engaging and innovative experience. This is a highly collaborative position of key responsibility with high influence to shape their products by understanding their users’ needs and translating them into intuitive designs.
What You’ll Do:
- Champion and cultivate a culture of user-centered design and deliver an exceptional experience across the entire user journey
- Lead customer research to understand firsthand the expressed and unarticulated needs of customers and stakeholders that can improve their experiences with the product
- Translate research to constantly amend and communicate the design vision to deliver
- Incorporate customer feedback to constantly amend and communicate the design vision that tells the story of how our users interact with our products
- Define full user experiences through information architecture diagrams, wireframes, user flows, high-fidelity mockups, and interactive prototypes
- Partner with product managers to concept, prototype and test experiences and drive measurable outcomes
- Actively participate in group critiques by both providing and receiving thoughtful, constructive feedback
- Push the boundaries with an innovative approach that challenges the status quo
- Develop efficient practices to guide internal teams, including: templates, design systems, component libraries, and other design deliverables
- Collaborate closely with product and engineering throughout the design process, and ensure proper implementation of designs
What You Bring:
- Minimum 5 years as a product designer in web and mobile environments
- A high standard of creativity, and quality
- Experience working on data-driven, B2B SaaS products
- Experience and passion for working collaboratively in a rapid, iterative manner across many different teams and roles
- Strong problem-solving skills with an empathic and creative approach to building net new experiences
- Experience balancing user needs with technical constraints and business considerations
- Well-trained in the user-centered design process and key tools of the trade (They’re a Figma shop)
- Familiarity with creating design libraries/design systems
- Learn quickly, iterate, and always strive to improve
- Motivated, self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a strong track record of sharing rationale and alignment across teammates and stakeholders
- A portfolio must be submitted along with your application in order to be considered
- Your portfolio must contain designs that have been released commercially
- Your portfolio must demonstrate system-wide thinking, breadth, and depth in UX and interaction design skills
- Your portfolio must include at least two case studies that describe your design process; including the use cases that informs the business problem you were trying to solve, the constraints and assumptions you had to work within, where the design started and the iterations leading to the final design
- Your portfolio should inform us of how your designs furthered company objectives while at the same time meeting user needs
- Your portfolio must have clear indication of your specific contributions
Phenomenal Team Members Have:
- Experience in a lead role or being a senior member of a design team
- Experience in bringing exceptional, data-driven, B2B SaaS products to market
- Experience in working in an high paced, goal driven early stage startup environment
- Experience in the real estate or construction industry
If you do not feel that you satisfy all the listed requirements, they encourage you to still apply. They are enthusiastically looking for people that will help them grow their company and sometimes they are imperfect communicators and can’t articulate perfectly what experience is required for a role. They are looking for people that are excited to grow and constantly ask how they can do things better. If you are excited about the opportunity, they encourage you to apply even if you don’t satisfy 100% of the job requirements.
What is it like to work for our client:
- They are a team of entrepreneurs hell-bent on changing the world of construction and insurance
- They are a diverse group of passionate and motivated people and have worked hard to create a work environment where diversity and transparency matters. They have every intent to keep it that way
- They are on a mission for their technology to touch every construction site in the world and to help save lives. As team members of the company, they are fully committed to this mission
- They believe in a team-first and learning-oriented attitude. They have crafted the strongest team of advisors in construction, risk, and real estate and are venture backed by world-renowned leaders in risk and InsureTech. At this company, you will have access to this experienced and diverse network of people
- Be Indispensable: They don’t believe in technology for technology’s sake. They build tools that deliver meaningful value to customers and help them work smarter.
- Default to Action: They build products that are dynamic and interactive. They design tools to be used, not just data to be stored.
- Innovate Endlessly: They aren’t content with the status quo. They tirelessly pursue progress and growth, and never give up on a challenge.
- Demonstrate Transparency: They reflect the transparency their product offers by being upfront and direct with their clients. They don’t play games and are always straight shooters.
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible work schedule
- Generous career growth & development opportunities
- Free health and competitive dental, & vision insurance
- Company events that highlight our team’s passions & hobbies
- An inclusive & diverse workforce
Our client is an equal opportunity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.