About our client
Our client is an early-stage startup with a mission to re-invent construction software. Their SaaS-enabled marketplace helps construction companies to find subcontractors, send out requests for proposals, and manage the pre-construction bidding process more productively. With their solution, construction professionals have greater visibility into their purchasing processes and become more efficient in their daily work.
They are a product-centric company as their success is a direct result of the quality and reliability of their solution. Therefore, they believe in maintaining a strong working culture where talented individuals have the freedom to express themselves in the product features they contribute to.
Finally, they are backed by excellent investors and maintain an extensive network of partners in the construction industry, both of which help them sustain their growth.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be owning the design of the user journey from conceptualization to execution and optimization. With strong visual skills, teamwork experience, and motivation for the product you’ll be working closely with our client’s design, product and engineering teams to bring the company to the next level. You will ensure that each feature they develop is intuitive, efficient and reflects their design system.
- Create and iterate on user interfaces in very close collaboration with the product management and engineering team to deliver an impactful and exceptional product to their users
- Join the still small product and design team with the opportunity to shape the design culture and user experience at the company
- Be a key part of their product development process, independently driving user experience design projects from user stories to delivery
- Ask the right questions to find simple and elegant solutions to complex problems
- Deliver feature specifications and support implementation while advocating user needs
- Work independently and make decisions on complex user experience problems combining engineering constraints and business objectives
- Draw conclusions and design goals from user research results
- Contribute to and shape their design system
Who they are looking for:
- You have shipped products and know how to work together with engineers to maximize the value delivered to the user even in the face of technical constraints
- Proven experience in designing elegant user interfaces with complex user flows and interactions that actually made it into production
- A portfolio showcasing a clear understanding of interaction and visual design
- Proficiency with design tools such as Figma or Sketch
- You are an excellent communicator of abstract ideas and concepts
- You do not shy away from even the most complex topics and are able to break them down into understandable solutions
- You are self-driven, can work independently and have a hands-on, outcome-oriented attitude
- You have outstanding communication skills and speak English fluently
Nice to have but not required:
- Experience in designing for startup companies or B2B and SaaS marketplaces
- Skills beyond graphical design, including topics such as UX research, mapping user journeys, A/B testing, customer interviews, etc.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Adobe Creative Suite
- German language skills
- An opportunity for personal and professional growth, supported by high functioning teams, stellar investors, and the exciting challenges that come with joining a company at the start of its growth trajectory
- An environment free of bureaucracy and corporate constraints; a culture where your opinion is highly valued and appreciated
- An open, collaborative, dynamic, and international culture
- Opportunity to shape a valuable, impactful product in a meaningful way
- Full ownership over your responsibilities and tasks
- Fully remote position, although they also have an office centrally located in Berlin-Mitte
- Hardware of your choice