Our client is a global real estate investment manager with more than $73.4 billion of private and public real estate assets under management and over 900 employees in 15 countries worldwide. Their diverse investor base includes public and private pension funds, insurance companies, governments, endowments, and high net worth investors from across the globe. Our client sponsors private separate accounts, private open and closed- end commingled funds, and public real estate securities programs. Our client’s investment teams also draw on the intelligence and resources of their parent company, giving them unique access to market opportunities and key industry leaders. The company has the ambition, creativity and opportunity to be a global leader in technology-driven real estate investment management, and the successful candidate will have a key role in driving this transformation.
Our client offers specialized real estate services to meet changing client expectations and market conditions. With an established presence in, and an intimate knowledge of, local real estate and capital markets worldwide, the company creates value for clients by addressing their local, regional and global needs as well as their broader business, strategic, operating and financial goals. Our client has innovative thought leadership and prides itself in a ‘client-first’ mentality, striving for exceptional client satisfaction through the highest level of services.
The Operations Team is responsible for working with senior leaders in driving the business’s vision and operational strategy. It is responsible for implementing strategic initiatives and has a key role in solving complex problems, implementing solutions and driving change by design and implementing business operations, establishing policies and procedures that promote company culture and vision. It ensures there is a robust operating platform for the investment business, covering core, value add and debt across Europe.
The Operations team is comprised of Head of Business Development, Performance and Data Analytics and Change Management. This role is reporting directly to the European Head of Operations.
Role and Accountabilities:
This is a varied role working very closely with stakeholders across both the European and wider business. Integral to this role is the identification of key issues and driving fund investment operation efficiencies to enhance business capabilities by continually making process improvements. It has a key role to play in supporting the Finance, Asset Management and Fund Management teams in ensuring an efficient and streamlined operating model across the investment lifecycle.
This role is an opportunity to join a team that is at the heart of driving change across the organization. It offers the potential to grow as the team, and business itself, goes on this journey.
Delivery of strategic initiatives and change management:
- Work with the Head of Operations, Head of Business Development and Performance and Data Analytics team in achieving strategic actionable goals, driving operational effectiveness and transformation.
- Adoption and implementation of global operating framework across the European business line.
- Strategic guidance to ‘visionaries’ working on business transformation initiatives under the supervision of the European Project Transformation Advisory Board.
- Play an integral role in the delivery and management of the business transformation in particular advising the board on steps in transformation journey, resource management, escalation of risks and issues. Effective upward management of the Advisory Board ensuring their time is focused on key topics to drive the transformation forward.
- Champion change management across the business and act as a key change agent.
- Contribute to employee engagement with change management topics and work with the internal comms team to determine the most appropriate communication plan and approach.
- Provide operational support to Pan-European PE business:
- Governance: understanding of the end-to-end operating model with strong working relationships across the business to ensure robust operating platform and control framework.
- Onboarding support: ensure all processes required to complete transactions complete and are adequately transitioned post-closing to service providers. Lead on operational topics for ‘unusual’/complex transactions.
- Investment operations: collaborative working relationships with Senior Leaders in Asset Management, Fund Management and Finance to develop and implement best practices around systems, tools, processes and structures ensuring Asset, Fund and Finance deliverables are met.
- Bringing together various stakeholders to develop and implement continual cross-functional improvements using a network across the various business teams.
Working alongside the asset management teams:
- Ensuring operational oversight of property managers/operating partners. including relationship management, monitoring (scorecards, KPI’s DD), onboarding, contract management.
- Ensure robust and relevant systems and operations are in place across property managers fully leveraging technology.
- Support the leadership team in delivering their operational strategy.
- Ensure the wider requirements are met and delivered by the property managers and operating partners.
- Provide European business line management reporting as required.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- 8+ years’ experience in real estate investment management.
- Experience with external service providers and knowledge on Pan European real estate funds a must.
- A pro-active self-starter who can drive the process, think on their feet and design and implement process improvement.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to interpret and explain information to senior stakeholders.
- A positive team player, with an adaptable and flexible approach who works collaboratively to drive results and support the wider team and business objectives.
- Reputation for excellence, achievement and a mindset for self-improvement and growth.
- Ability to see the big picture and a passion for change
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community