Senior Director of Product Marketing role based in New York / San Fransisco, United States.
The Client is a VC-backed SaaS company that is looking for a Sr. Director Product Marketing who is ready to build a go-to-market strategy for a category defining platform.
This person will understand their customers and the market (commercial real estate) and use this knowledge to prioritize, articulate and drive the right go-to-market efforts. They will craft the messaging and positioning to accelerate growth.
This person needs to have the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into value propositions that their customers understand and care about. They will report directly to the VP of Marketing and build a team around their success. They will lead strategic efforts including to better understand the customer, driving new product launches and supporting go-to-market efforts. Cross functional work is key, liaising with Product, Sales, Customer Success and Engineering
You're excited about this opportunity because you’ll:
- Identify industry, market and customer needs and opportunities, ensuring clear and differentiated positions for all their clients solutions and use cases
- Communicate the value proposition of their product to the sales team and develop sales tools that support sales execution
- Define and drive pricing and packaging in collaboration with sales, finance and customer success
- Ensure content (e.g. case studies, sales enablement materials, product videos, web copy, competitive differentiation, white papers) communicates the unique capabilities of their platform in customer language
- Own sales enablement, competitive analysis, thought leadership content and product launches
- Market intelligence- be the expert on their buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria. Conduct partner/market surveys and interviews to build expertise in the market, customer and competitive landscape. Know commercial real estate inside and out.
- Speak and present both externally and internally to promote their platform and solutions
- Work closely with product management to plan, build and launch new products/features
- Hire and train a world class product marketing team
- 10+ years in enterprise software product marketing for B2B SaaS companies
- 3+ years in leadership role building teams and cross-functional relationships
- Strategic product marketing and management experience including hands-on execution
- Bachelors in business, engineering or computer science (MBA a plus) or related industry experience
- Great at cross-functional team management, influencing without authority. You and your team are at the center of the organization constantly interacting with sales, marketing, product & customers
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills, i.e. the ability to assemble and interpret data, create executive summaries and deliver actionable business insights
Experience conducting and analyzing market and competitive research