PropTech Senior Director of Advanced Analytics role based in London/ Boston/ Toronto.
Why join our client?
Our client is hiring a Senior Director of Advanced Analytics to lead and establish a team of data scientists to collectively develop advanced analytics tools to support our clients Go to 4.0 Strategy which is focused on enhancing the operational scalability as our client continues its growth trajectory.
As a best-in-class real estate organization, our client has an ambitious plan to develop and leverage digital & analytic capabilities across the real estate value chain across acquisition, development, operations, and disposition at a global scale.
Commercial Real Estate is a $200 Trillion industry that is larger than the public equities and bond market combined, and yet is only just being disrupted by technology.
If you want a front row seat to reshaping a global industry, then this is the role for you. They are looking for a strategic mind capable of conceiving the art-of-the-possible, fused with the practical discipline of a leader that is able to drive outcomes and lead people.
There is so much white space to cover with this role that it will definitely not be dull. They aspire to lead the industry by shifting from books of record to systems of prediction that are able to hunt for investment or customer opportunities, unsupervised.
Reporting to the Vice President of Data & Architecture, you will work closely with their Architecture, Data Engineering, and Application Development teams to deploy these new capabilities and minimize manual data manipulation wherever possible. You will develop and nurture positive relationships with partners in various business units across their global portfolio, building an understanding of their needs and how to apply technology and analytical techniques to increase scale and operational efficiency, improve self-service capabilities and increase scalability of Big Data technologies.
The Senior Director will supervise numerous data analytics projects for this team and is responsible for meeting timelines and deliverables. The Senior Director defines objectives and sets priorities which drive the successful operation of this Department and ensures alignment with the business and technology strategy.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for:
- Contributing to and facilitating the implementation of corporate/strategic objectives through the development of long-range strategies and courses of action to ensure that advanced analytics solutions are in place for successful realization of business objectives
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with business and technology leadership partners
- Developing, deploying, and operationalizing all relevant data science applications and the supporting integrated tools and processes
- Supporting all of the data science applications, integrated tools/processes, security, performance monitoring, change management, and process adjustments during implementation
- Creating analytical models, conducting training, validation, testing, integrated reconciliations and data integrity maintenance
- Providing the vision and plan to the team by drawing on the understanding of business and technology objectives, available technology functionality, business impact and resource capacity
- Providing project oversight for advanced analytics projects requiring statistical models, feasibility studies, code development, implementation, maintenance, process/procedure development and planning
- Mobilizing resources in the organization to create rapid prototypes that demonstrate the art of the possible in the context of business needs
- Fostering an environment that encourages innovation, continuous improvement and growth
- Remaining on the “leading edge” of emerging data analytics technologies and techniques to identify industry trends, and their application to new use cases and deployment opportunities
- Effectively translating and communicating complex concepts into simplified business terms to various audiences
- Establishing regular cadence with the Enterprise Data & Advanced Analytics Management team and communities of practice to align on strategy, initiatives, and assets being developed
To succeed in this role, you have:
- An Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or any other quantitative field
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience working in a data science environment
- 10+ years of experience building and leading effective and robust teams, with the ability to foster cross-team alignment
- Practical experience developing and implementing advanced data analytics and building an analytics practice
- Proficiency in data science tools such as R and Python, and experience with implementing cloud based big data and analytics platforms
- Experience with Machine Learning Frameworks, such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Spark MLib, Theano or Caffee
- Exposure to data modeling, data architecture, data engineering, data analysis and data science (familiarity with ETL tools, data warehousing and big data architecture and cloud constructs)
- An understanding and experience working with real estate data, financial data, and alternative datasets is an asset
- Experience within the Commercial Real Estate Retail Sector is an asset
- A passion around learning new technologies and analytical techniques with a track record of acting on this in prior roles
- Demonstrated experience as a leader in hiring, organizing, and motivating teams and directing multiple projects simultaneously serving multiple stakeholders
- The ability to build relationships and influence across a diverse group of partners (including C-level) in a number of different business units
- Experience facilitating sessions, helping participants reach decisions and accomplish goals
- Polished communication and presentation skills, with experience in presenting to and communicating with senior business and technology leaders
For further details please contact Louisa - firstname.lastname@example.org