About the Role
The Senior Data Engineer will design, develop and maintain data infrastructures to redistribute, collect and centralize data from across company platforms. This role will lead technical discussions with business partners, ensure infrastructures adhere to organizational data standards, data pipelines are optimized and maintain data integrity. He/she will support team members with data-related technical issues, build analytical tools to help business partners answer business critical questions and mentor junior data engineers with work assignments.
- Review business processes, data flows and strategies to develop a strong understanding of organizational data capabilities.
- Lead technical discussions with business leaders to understand and analyze needs. Identify data repository specifications and ensure alignment to organizational goals.
- Design and develop data infrastructures that redistribute, collect, connect and centralize data from across company platforms to help answer critical business question. Ensure new and existing infrastructures comply with organizational data requirements and standards.
- Test, debug and maintain data infrastructures to ensure data pipelines are optimized.
- Define, document and maintain technical information about data infrastructures to maintain data integrity and compliance with organizational data standards.
- Collaborate with team members to troubleshoot and support data-related technical issues.
- Design, build and modify analytical tools, such as dashboard or predictive models, that will provide actionable insights to key business performance metrics.
- Participate in meetings to provide updates on projects; to assist business partners with data interpretation and to follow-up on data-related needs.
- Evaluate and monitor data infrastructures to identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
- Mentor and coach junior data engineers to support work assignments and enhancing their skillsets.
- Stay abreast of emerging data engineering practices and technologies. Recommend and implement strategies to enhance organizational practices.
- This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience and/or education
- Minimum 7 years of progressive experience developing and maintaining data infrastructures
- Advanced proficiency with Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Experience working within Microsoft Azure environments
- Experience with web and commercial application program interfacing (API) development
- Proven ability to explain highly technical information into easily understood concepts
- Demonstrated understanding of integration design patterns
- Proficiency with Microsoft Integration Stack (SQL Server, SSIS)
- Strong understanding of relational database systems (SQL Server)
- Understanding of CI/CD and GIT
Preferred Education and Experience
- Recent Microsoft Certified Professional
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure Logic and Function Apps
- Experience using Azure Data Factory
- Experience with web integration
- Experience with Yardi Voyager ERP Experience working in a fast pace, high-growth company
- Computers— Knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Critical Thinking— Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Complex Problem Solving— Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Systems Analysis— Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Systems Evaluation— Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Monitoring— Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Time Management— Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Troubleshooting— Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Programming— Writing computer programs for various purposes.
- Speaking— Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing— Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience