About our client:
Our client is turning antiquated “back of the napkin” style residential real estate investing into actual science based on human behavioral data. They are building an engine that collects over a billion individual data points on a weekly basis and uses machine learning techniques to produce a shortlist of buy and sell signals for real estate investment strategies.
The company recently concluded its seed financing with participation from leading venture capital firms in the US. The founding team includes 2 serial entrepreneurs with a track record of multiple exits and several billion dollars in capital raised to date.
About the role:
What excites our client about the company is the application of a wide spectrum of human behavioral data points, previously never applied in the world of real estate, and using them to produce a buy/sell decision on properties. This presents an opportunity for researching, organizing, and unifying these data points into a data lake in order to develop best-in-class machine learning algorithms on it.
They are looking to hire a Senior Data Engineer to join the core data team. You’ll work closely with the founding team to architect and build their engine.
- Lead, motivate and support the teams with whom you
- Architect and contribute to the core infrastructure of the company’s platform and build generalized solutions to reduce custom
- Develop ETL and ELT data pipelines that enable investment professionals and portfolio managers to efficiently extract insights from alternative data
- Design and develop scalable cloud-based data warehousing solutions to support operational and analytical
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Data Architects and Data Engineers to design, implement, and deliver successful data
- Maintain detailed documentation of your work and changes to support data quality and data
- Practice and teach agile methodologies to ensure process improvements for your
- Uphold high quality standards through technical guidance, leadership, and
- At least 5+ years of relevant engineering
- At least highly proficient in Python, Java/Scala/Clojure and
- At least highly proficient with IaC technologies such as Terraform or
- Experience with orchestration frameworks such as Apache Airflow, Meltano, Dagster or
- Experience building and working with REST API frameworks such as FastAPI, Django or
- Expertise and experience in building Large Data Lakes and data warehouses using AWS Lakeformation, Databricks Deltalake or
- Experience with data modeling, SQL query optimization and data
- Experience working with semi-structured and unstructured data stores such as DynamoDB, ElasticSearch / Opensearch or
- Proven ability to model event driven systems using CQRS and implement systems using message queues, stream processing, or highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores such as Kafka, Kinesis or Spark
Nice to Haves:
- Real Estate or Finance experience
- Exposure to ML Ops
- Knowledge of scraping data technology
- Our client offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a competitive total compensation of salary and equity and generous PTO
- While they are currently temporarily working remotely due to COVID-19, this position will be based in their New York
- Opportunity to join a promising early-stage startup with exponential upside potential
- Pet-friendly office!
Our client is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. They do notdiscriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.