About our client:
Our client is turning antiquated “back of the napkin” style residential real estate investing into data driven strategy by leveraging proprietary machine learning techniques to produce a shortlist of buy and sell signals for real estate investment strategies.
They recently concluded its seed financing with participation from leading venture capital firms in the US. The founding team includes 2 serial entrepreneurs with a track record of multiple exits and several billion dollars in capital raised to date.
About the role:
What excites them about the company is the application of a wide spectrum of human behavioral data points, previously never applied in the world of real estate, and using them to produce a buy/sell decision on properties. This presents an opportunity for researching, organizing, and unifying these data points into a data lake in order to develop best-in-class machine learning algorithms on it.
Our client is looking to hire a Backend Software Engineer to join the core engineering team. You’ll work closely with the founding team to architect and build their engine.
- Architect and contribute to the core services that power the company’s platform.
- Develop products and applications that enable investment professionals and portfolio managers to efficiently extract insights from alternative data.
- Contribute to all aspects of the development lifecycle including feature development with the product team, architecture, development, testing, releasing, and maintaining critical software products.
- At least 2+ years of relevant engineering experience.
- At least proficient in Python, Java/Scala/Clojure and SQL.
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture and design of cloud-native systems.
- Experience with REST web services and frameworks such as FastAPI, Flask and Django.
- Experience using containers and cloud infrastructure covering technologies like AWS ECS, Fargate, AWS Lambda, Kubernetes.
- Hands-on experience with relational SQL and no-sql database technologies like AWS Opensearch (Elasticsearch), AWS RDS Aurora, AWS Redshift.
- Experience with logging and monitoring tools (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana, Cloudwatch) and performance analysis.
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines such as Gitlab CI or equivalent.
Nice to Haves:
- Real Estate or Finance experience
- Interest and exposure to ML Ops
- Our client offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a competitive total compensation of salary and equity and generous PTO.
- This position will be based in their New York office where they practice a hybrid WFH schedule.
- Opportunity to join a promising seed-stage startup with exponential upside potential
- Pet-friendly office!
Our client is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. They do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.