Senior Account Manager
New York, US
Senior Account Manager role based in New York, United States.
Who they are:
My clients product eliminates energy waste from buildings through their unique product by predicting the amount of energy needed ahead of time to operate a building and adapt the building's systems and machinery.
They are looking for an energetic and motivated Senior Account Manager ready to expand their sales career at the intersection of the exciting Prop Tech space and the quickly growing energy efficiency industry. This individual will be focused on expanding their footprint with owners and operators. You will be working on all levels of the sales process and will be responsible for conducting key sales activities including; prospecting, origination, proposal generation, customer facing presentations and deal closing. This individual will also be responsible for working with their clients on an ongoing basis to ensure that expectations are met and that their service is rolled out on a portfolio level.
- Selling a no-upfront cost, guaranteed solution for owners and operators to manage their energy consumption, reduce their carbon footprint, improve occupant comfort and limit negative exposure to energy related local laws.
- Managing the sales process from start to finish
- Developing and maintaining a sales pipeline consisting of opportunities with new and existing customers
- Maintaining a deep understanding of relevant energy and real estate related policies, programs and market conditions in the NYC metro area.
- Develop and maintaining an understanding of controls, HVAC systems and other technical aspects of the role
- Developing and maintaining strong long term customer relationship.
- Working closing with the engineering team to develop proposals and creatively problem solve
- Proactively identifying opportunities to scale their services within customer portfolios
- Participating in industry events to represent them and grow the company’s presence in the market
- Coordinating with the marketing team on campaigns and other demand generation activities
- Meeting and exceeding sales goals
- 3+ years of professional sales, project development, client management or market development experience
- Background in HVAC, building automation, energy systems or Real Estate
- Proven track record of being a top performer
- Proven experience closing new business using strategic value-based selling
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with G-suite, CRMs, and Salesforce
- Drivers license and full-time access to a vehicle
- Experience selling in an environment with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to simplify technical concepts for a non-technical audience
- B2B experience