PropTech Senior Account Manager role, based in New York, United States.
Our client works with forward-thinking real estate owners and developers to identify, design, and implement custom energy solutions on a wide variety of systems. Their team is comprised of a diverse, talented, and hard-working group of individuals committed to making a positive impact on the environment.
They have been a transformative player in clean energy and sustainable housing for a number of years. Our clients include affordable housing owners and developers, Fortune 1000 financial and real estate investors, privately held firms, and some of the nation’s largest property managers.
They are passionate about reducing energy and water usage through the implementation of energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies. Their goal is to improve the health, comfort, and value of our client’s buildings while cultivating a sustainable future.
Senior Account Manager to develop and foster relationships with multifamily real estate developers and operators in the NYC metro area. The Account Manager will be the face of the company to an existing portfolio of clients, including some of their biggest. This means that he or she must be polished, articulate, trustworthy, and organized.
They strongly prefer someone with a background in sales and/or account management. Additional consideration will be given to candidates with experience in the energy or real estate sectors. The successful candidate will possess strong sales skills and an ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience. This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to manage a portfolio of accounts that have been highly productive and help us take them to the next level.
This position reports to the Chief Customer Officer.
- Build relationships and manage an existing portfolio of clients, becoming each client’s trusted energy management advisor
- Develop a deep understanding of each client’s energy infrastructure and existing energy management practices
- Develop a deep understanding of service offerings which include:
- Benchmarking and Utility bill analytics
- Energy/water efficiency retrofit consulting and installation
- Onsite Power Generation (Solar, Storage and CHP) Consulting and Installation
- LEED, Passive House, Enterprise Green Communities, and other green building certifications
- Energy markets advisory and brokerage
- Compliance with local energy related regulation
- Work cross-functionally to seek expertise and configure optimal solutions for each client’s portfolio of properties
- Consultatively identify opportunities to up-sell clients on further services for new and existing projects, developing an end-to-end solution for each real estate portfolio and specific properties
- Prepare proposals and present the value proposition for each service and stage of project development, virtually and in-person
- Develop and maintain understand
- Learn and understand Federal/State and Utility policies and programs impacting an energy management strategy for a client, with the ability to apply project financing, where available
- Participate in industry events to represent the company and build presence in the market
- Monitor, measure and track progress of opportunities in Salesforce.com, and provide weekly reporting to management
- Meet or exceed sales quotas
- Undertake other projects as assigned
Qualified Candidates Will Have:
- 3+ years of experience in account management, sales, energy or real estate
- Previous work experience in property management, real estate, or a related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including proposal writing
- Stellar presentation skills, with the ability to tailor dynamic presentations to different audiences
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Salesforce (or similar CRM tool)
- Creativity in locating new clients and sources of revenue
- Proven track record of closing sales
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Property Management/Real estate
- Energy efficiency
- Renewable energy (esp. solar PV, solar thermal, CSP, wind)
- Building systems, HVAC, or architecture
- Experience working with government or utility energy incentive programs
- Experience in construction or building management
- Active participation in professional industry associations
- Published articles
Temporary Remote Position Due to COVID-19
For further details please contact Sophia - firstname.lastname@example.org