Resident Services Manager
Up to £27,000
PropTech Resident Services Manager role based in Manchester, UK.
The Resident Services Manager (RSM) is responsible for delivering an exceptional and consistent service to both the current and potential Residents. The RSM reports directly to the General Manager and is responsible for assisting the GM and overseeing and mentoring the Maintenance Operative
The working hours for this role are Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 6:00pm.
- Overall management of day-to-day Property Management, Resident liaison and Operational functions.
- Supporting GM in facilitating repairs and management of the building.
- Rota, shift and absence management of Maintenance Operative
- Overseeing Maintenance Operative to ensure allocated tasks are being carried out promptly and efficiently.
- Managing and mentoring Maintenance Operative and assisting them in carrying out their duties as necessary.
- Assist Lettings Manager in maintaining a minimum stabilised building occupancy of 95%.
- Maintenance, Operational and Property Management Tasks
- Managing health and safety matters, building signage and statutory compliance as follows:
- Assist the GM to ensure procedures regarding H&S of guests and personnel within the building are adhered to at all times;
- Be fully conversant with the fire system in the building and be able to carry out the weekly fire tests and oversee a building evacuation if required (training will be provided). Responsible for recording results in the appropriate manner and arranging works to ensure compliance where faults identified;
- Have a good understanding of repair diagnostics and potential resolutions to such issues. Be able to describe accurately faults/repairs to contractors and follow through to ensure works are completed to the necessary standard;
- Assisting GM in arranging and overseeing any major works due or underway.
- Arranging repairs to the apartments and minor repairs to building with the assistance of the
- Assisting GM in keeping expenditure in line with budget.
- Providing decisive and effective first point response to Resident complaints and where appropriate arbitrating minor customer disputes to effective resolution.
- Managing third party contractors (maintenance, cleaning etc).
- Apartment inspections including post-tenancy repair inspections.
- Monitoring repairs including cleaning as instructed
- Placing works orders.
- Placing orders for consumables
- Ensure that all arrears are chased effectively and in line with company standards.
- Serving correct notices in line with company standards and procedures.
- Providing welcome packs to new residents.
- Check in and check out spot checking to ensure standards are being maintained.
- Assisting GM in occasional file auditing to ensure standards are being maintained.
- Any other duties as required.
- Meeting prospective tenants, conducting viewings and negotiating rental offers.
- Completing applicant vetting requirements.
- Completing new let paperwork in line with strict procedures, including legislative requirements.
- Work closely with General Manager to ensure that works and other requirements for tenancies commencing and terminating are completed on time and in full.
- Resident engagement event planning and management.
- Making suggestions regarding potential marketing avenues.
- Community engagement, with Residents and locals.
- Writing and overseeing the distribution of tenant satisfaction surveys. Providing reports on results to GM and client.
- Overseeing tenant communications keeping in line with SLAs.
- Providing content and overseeing publication of newsletters.
- Keen to take ownership of the role and responsibility for the performance of the site
- Ability to lead by example
- Confident and outgoing and an expert in delivering great customer service
- Well organised and efficient
- Extremely detailed oriented
- Excellent communicator
- Quick thinker
- Able to work as part of and to lead a team
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to use initiative
- High attention to detail
- Relevant experience within a busy team environment essential
- Property management experience would be advantageous
- Future leader with demonstrated leadership skills
- Good understanding and knowledge of lettings best practice essential
- ARLA qualified preferred but not essential
For further details please contact Brad - email@example.com