An exciting opportunity for a talented, versatile, and detail-oriented individual to join a dynamic and rapidly growing Operations Team.
Our client is looking for an Operations Assistant to join their team and boost their capacity to deliver exceptional service to both tenants and landlords. If you are excited by the opportunity to join a fast-paced start-up, shape a small department as it grows, and disrupt the way an entire industry works, this is the role for you.
- Supporting the end to end admin process from point of offer agreed through to tenancy commencement, including but not limited to drafting Tenancy Agreements, handling contract queries, and fielding reference reports to the relevant team member or client.
- Carrying out Right to Rent checks, in line with government regulations.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation and maintaining up-to-date knowledge of all imminent policy changes pertinent to their operation. Including but not limited to, KYC checks, Tenancy Agreements, EPC’s, Gas & Electrical Safety Regulations, Landlord and Tenant Law, and Fire Safety Regulations.
- Management of whatsapp for business accounts, ensuring that customers are provided with accurate information and regular updates on the progression of their Tenancy, and calls to action where required.
- Ensuring that more complex queries or updates are directed to the correct person within the department.
- Liaising with tenants and landlords to establish a relationship between parties based on mutual trust and ensuring they are frequently kept up to date with the status of their Tenancy.
- Ensuring speed of deal progression remains in line with expected individual and team targets.
- Supporting in-tenancy administrative processes, such as contract variations, tenancy renewals and other ad hoc processes.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant regulations covered by the Tenant Fees Act, such as “deadline for agreement” and ensuring extensions are actioned where required.
- Reviewing all reference and credit reports to ensure the progression of each tenancy is kept on track.
- Supporting post move in administration.
- Liaising with their internal Sales team to ensure that they have access to properties.
- Supporting the flow of key stock with sales associates, conducting regular audits to ensure all keys are accounted for, clearly registered, and secure at all times.
- Property accounting and associated financial administration.
- Working closely with the sales team to successfully convert deals into tenancies.
- Organising third party tenancy services.
- Deposit administration.
- Contributing to the development of the department through ad-hoc project work which seeks to identify efficiency gains and improve the customer journey.
What they are looking for:
- Relentlessly team-oriented – you enjoy working with those around you and thrive in a mutually supportive working culture.
- High EQ – You should be able to identify the customer’s needs and ensure they feel comfortable at all stages of the process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – You must be well-equipped to deal with conflict during what is a stressful time for landlords and tenants and manage any disputes with sensitivity and diplomacy.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Exceptional written and spoken verbal communication skills.
- Above-average numeracy.
- Well educated, ideally to degree level (any subject).
- Basic understanding of MS Excel
No industry experience is required as you will be provided with full training in all systems, processes, and legislation. This is a versatile role that allows the right individual to make an immediate impact on how they operate and deliver their services and will provide anyone with a willingness to learn an excellent commercial education.
They have a welcoming, supportive and diverse team, and they nvest in people. With an incredible management team, they are committed to giving you the opportunities and any training you need to succeed creating a clear path for career progression. They enjoy chocolate and cakes and love their visits from Kitty the office dog.
They are an equal opportunity employer:
Diversity and inclusion are important to us at the company and they encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. They value and actively seek out a richly diverse range of talent and their policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.