PropTech Project Engineer role based fully remote, North America.
Our client is a connected SaaS platform that brings together modern software tools to digitize operations and provide real-time visibility into the performance of critical infrastructure for commercial real estate portfolios. With our client’s platform, owners and operators can ensure that on-site teams are operating buildings at peak performance while gaining unprecedented transparency into maintenance, energy efficiency, capital planning, tenant billing, the indoor environment, and more. The platform can be delivered modularly to fit the needs, capabilities, and budgets of any property type. This flexibility ranges from software-only mobile apps to streamline routine workflows to predictive analytics capabilities delivered through system integrations and stand-alone sensor deployments. Our client’s platform has been adopted by many of the top owners and operators and has proven to increase asset value by an average of $3.15 per square foot while delivering a payback period of under a year.
Our client is seeking a detail-oriented engineering professional to join their implementation team as a Project Engineer. Their project engineers are integral to the growth of their business by performing building surveys, conducting cost-benefit analyses, calculating ROIs, and generating project proposals for different opportunities.
The Project Engineer must interface with clients, vendors, and the sales team; as such, excellent communication is imperative. If you have exceptional organizational skills, are extremely focused and efficient, have a strong work ethic, and enjoy the challenge of scaling a business, this role is for you.
- Review building documentation (MEP drawings) and conduct in-person building surveys to determine the best monitoring solution based on the building design.
- Conduct cost-benefit analyses
- Generate project proposals
- Inspect energy systems and heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems to determine energy use and potential energy savings
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, engineers, and executive-level clients
- Act as the direct point of contact in communication with clients and stakeholders during the project scoping phase of their engagements.
- Exercise independent judgment and work as part of a team to collaboratively develop solutions with minimal supervisory input
- Maintain complicated schedules, develop project timelines, work with other trades
- Work with the team to refine and improve internal processes.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Engineering (mechanical, electrical). An advanced degree is preferred
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of professional post-graduate experience performing energy efficiency audits or developing energy efficiency projects for commercial, multifamily, hospitality or logistics properties
- Strong Understanding of building systems (HVAC and HVAC controls). Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, blueprints and specifications.
- Proficience with spreadsheet software tools (Excel, google sheet) is necessary.
- Experience with Real time data analysis
- Excellent organization, time management and planning skills
- Highly self-motivated Team player and excited by the opportunity to be part of a growing startup.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Experience interfacing with marketing, sales, vendors and with the customer.
- Ability to travel, as required
For further details please contact Sophia - email@example.com