About the Company
Our client is a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. They have operations in over 80 countries and a workforce of over 98,000 individuals around the world who help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions.
About the role
Our client is seeking a Product Manager for their Sustainability products line of business focused on technologies that help their clients achieve their net zero carbon goals, optimize building performance, forecast consumption, and much more. This role targets an emerging and growing market with a future billion-dollar business line. They are growing at exponential rates and are looking for individuals that can support their speed to market, enjoy a challenge, and have a desire for professional growth and continuous learning experiences. If you are driven to deliver the most advanced, most difficult, most cross-cutting, and/or most ambiguous challenges spanning across the organization, this role will suit you.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving the product and business-planning process for global sustainability products used both by their employees and by their clients. You will report to the Principal Product Manager and work closely with global cross-functional teams to analyze customer and user needs, current market trends, and strategic buy, build, partner decisions to identify their must win technology areas and drive their platform approach in Sustainability technology. Your mandate will be to define and document product requirements and develop appropriate programs to ensure they’re successfully achieved. You will have the opportunity to make immediate, needle-moving impact.
What this job involves
As a Product Manager, you will:
- Drive the execution of all product lifecycle processes for products, including product research, market research, competitive analysis, planning, positioning, roadmap development, requirements development, and product launch
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements for prototype construction and final product development by engineering teams
- Create product strategy documents that describe business cases, high-level use cases, technical requirements, revenue, and ROI
- Analyze market data to develop sales strategies, and define product objectives for effective marketing communications plans
- Collaborate closely with engineering, production, marketing, and sales teams on the development, QA, and release of products and balance of resources to ensure success for the entire organization
- Collaborate with a matrixed team, build, and develop team members.
- Get prototypes to market fast to validate and test hypotheses.
- Evaluate buy, build, partner opportunities to strategically position the company for the future.
- Define success metrics to ensure your products achieve their goals.
- Clearly delineate roles and responsibilities, and build a positive, inclusive culture that drives simplification, eliminates redundant, non-value add work and streamlines process.
- Drive a user/customer-centric methodology for product development
- Above all, deliver strong and compelling products that take advantage of the company’s unique technology, data, relationship and people assets in order to move the needle on market share and margin.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a technical subject (computer science or engineering discipline) is preferred, but not essential. M.B.A. or management degree strongly desirable.
- 10+ years of product management experience, including 4+ years of experience in sustainability.
- Proven experience impacting rapid growth in a large company.
- Experience creating product roadmaps from ideation to launch, driving product vision, defining go-to-market strategy, leading design discussions, and building and managing a team.
- Experience evaluating buy, build, partner product opportunities.
- Data driven and user/customer-centric focus with the ability to understand and translate into a product strategy.
- Experience working with Azure Dev Ops or equivalent agile software
- Highly collaborative and self-motivated, with effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build positive relationships and interface effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and solve problems.
What you can expect from our client
They succeed together and believe the best inspire the best, so they invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating their success.
Their Total Rewards program reflects their commitment to helping you achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions, investing in your well-being and providing competitive benefits and pay.