PR & Communications Lead role based in London, United Kingdom.
PR & Communications Lead
Growth · London, England, United Kingdom · Full-time
They are one of the fastest-growing property technology companies in the UK and Germany, with offices in the US and Turkey. Its mission is to improve lives by making property work better for everyone. The platform empowers landlords and property managers to manage their properties and internal trades workforce, source local trade talent, build community cohesion and provide better services than ever before. The end-to-end solution offers a flexible approach to compliance management, repairs reporting and delivery, ensuring landlords and property managers can be confident that their property meets necessary standards.
Since 2013, they have:
- Dramatically improved outcomes by speeding up service delivery fivefold and creating economic opportunities within local communities.
- Set a new industry benchmark on responsive repairs by reducing typical time frames (20 days) to less than 4 days.
- Entered partnerships with social enterprises to help people into trades jobs, and thus rebuild their lives.
They have been recognised by multiple awarding bodies since its inception, including:
- ‘Deal of the Year - Residential’ at the UK PropTech Awards 2018.
- ‘Business Change/Transformation’ Award at the UK Business Awards 2019.
- Recognised as ‘Professional Services Partner’ at the UK Housing Awards 2019.
- Repairs and Maintenance Provider of the Year at the 24Housing Awards 2019.
- Featured on the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 list 2020.
- Most Collaborative Business Award - PropTech at the UK Proptech Awards 2020.
Following a major funding round, They have recently expanded into the US multi-family market and has plans to enter the wider professional and commercial real estate sector in Europe this year.
In sum, they are a technology-led business developing cutting-edge solutions - and that’s only possible to do with a great team. Their culture is open, empowering and fast-paced. If you’re tenacious, passionate and driven, you will fit right in.
They’re looking for a talented professional to lead PR & communications strategy for their scaling proptech business. In this role you will be responsible for strategy, execution and measurement of a proactive PR and Media Relations programme.
The goal: to enhance the recognition and reputation of their brand with potential candidates, clients, potential customers, influencers and investors.
At the business you will be uniquely challenged to target both trade and property sectors, as well as the wider technology press. Day-to-day, you will be responsible for developing a stream of PR activities that influence and align with marketing plans - including providing market insight to shape activity, developing opportunities for press coverage, speaking engagements, awards and announcements. You should have demonstrable experience of executing PR campaigns, ideally with experience and a network within the technology, property and/or trade sectors. Your experience should have been gained working within a technology company, startup or agency environment.
- Develop PR and communications initiatives that support their strategic goals and marketing activities across the UK, Germany and USA.
- Work closely with the wider team, including marketing, sales, revenue operations and product to ensure PR and communications activities support the wider business goals and activities.
- Monitor sector trends and media coverage to inform campaign activity.
- Draft and sign off on company press releases, identify and target relevant publications to ensure maximum coverage.
- Cultivate relationships with influential print, digital and broadcast journalists or thought leaders within the property and technology sector.
- Develop and maintain thought leadership campaigns to position senior leaders within the business as experts in their field.
- Plan and budget for PR events, programmes and initiatives, creating a constant stream of events, awards and announcements that feature their brand.
- Produce content for various presentations, events, and award entries and maintain online content in media announcements and media kits
- Check and manage content produced for website and social media channels. Help in designing and reviewing a variety of promotional and marketing materials.
- Measure and provide reports on each PR campaign.
- Monitor company image frequently and ensure it is in compliance with their brand.
- 5+ years of Public Relations experience.
- Experience in - or working with technology-led B2B businesses, preferably including proptech experience either through agency or in-house.
- Experience in managing global PR campaigns and managing PR agencies in different countries.
- Proactive, entrepreneurial and able to provide consultative guidance to senior management on PR activities and requirements.
- Expertise in social media outreach and promotion.
- Excellent communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Familiarity with marketing automation, CRM and sales automation tools (ideally Hubspot).
- Ability to write simple and high-impact copy customised to different customer segments and channels.
- A proven track record of successful PR campaigns.
- Previous working experience in a marketing/PR agency technology or startup environment is strongly preferred.
- BSc/BA in PR, communications, journalism or similar relevant field.
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills.
- Attention to detail.
As you can see, they have big plans and are eager to grow their team of dreamers and doers to achieve their vision of managing over 1 million properties through their platform across various countries. You can help us shape the future of property management. Here’s what they offer:
- A competitive compensation package
- Private health care including discounted gym membership
- Learning and development fund
- A remote-friendly working environment + 23 days annual holiday
- Home office allowance
- A head office in London Bridge (less than 2 mins from Borough Market)
- An inherently diverse culture with over 11 nationalities and 21 languages spoken
- Food for thought: bottomless breakfast bar and drinks
For more information contact James Gershfield <James.Gershfield@lmre.tech>