The Operations Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Atlanta office of an international commercial real estate advisory firm. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates with experience in administrative management and the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and to assume a highly visible role in a best-in-class organization.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
Human Resources Management
- Oversee workflow for optimum service from administrative staff.
- Follow all required human resource policies and procedures and update personnel when changes or conditions warrant.
- Recruit and interview administrative staff positions. Onboard/Offboard new hires and terminations including preparation and review of new hire and termination documentation.
- Assist with all employee benefit enrollment processes.
- Train and supervise administrative staff.
- Conduct performance/salary reviews and disciplinary reviews.
- Track employee time reporting and paid time off schedules, review and reconcile biweekly payroll.
- Manage and oversee all day-to-day aspects of the accounting process such as accounts payable, accounts receivables and collections, broker statement reconciliation review, direct transaction expense (POT) account maintenance and statement reconciliation, and review/approve expense reports.
- Responsible for reviewing commission billings, managing approval process, and monitoring billing status.
- Assist Region Lead with quarterly revenue projections.
- Preparation of annual budgets for region including monthly review and quarterly maintenance.
- Produce regularly scheduled and ad-hoc reports for the accounting department.
Local Facilities Management
- Interface with landlord/building management regarding office lease, rental payments, security measures, and parking facilities. Liaison between building management and employees.
- Oversee and ensure the upkeep and maintenance of the office space.
- Purchase and order approved equipment, furniture and fixtures.
- Review and approve office supply orders.
- Manage and review vendor contracts for goods and services.
- Manage regional office moves, expansions, and/or space coordination.
- Liaison with the company’s corporate departments regarding finance, human resources, legal (including broker licensing and compliance with respective State licensing laws), technology, research, marketing, events, advertising and public relations.
- Work on local, regional, and national special projects as required.
- Coordinate special events as needed.
Qualified applicants will possess the following attributes, skills, experience and education:
- Strong and comprehensive command of financial and accounting reporting practices.
- Promote compliance with company policies and employment laws.
- Effective manager experienced in hiring, training, coaching, motivating, and developing staff.
- Ability to influence, motivate, resolve conflict and creatively problem solve at all levels.
- Detail-oriented with ability to multi-task and accurately meet deadlines in a demanding and dynamic environment.
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Salesforce, and accounting systems. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud a plus.
- Willingness to “do what it takes to get the job done” including assuming general office administrative responsibilities as needs require.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Consistently demonstrate a high level of performance and professionalism.
- Work well individually and in a collaborative environment.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in administrative management; experience in commercial real estate a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.