About Our Client
Our client is a cross functional team focusing on digital transformation. This highly visible team drives a broad portfolio of strategic initiatives to build scalable, end-to-end solutions that optimize the use of enterprise data assets. The Business Analytics team interacts and collaborates heavily with business/functional heads and their teams across the organization.
Our client is looking for a Director/VP to join the fast-growing Business Analytics team as the Master Data Architect and MDM system lead. This newly created role is responsible for overall strategy, tactics and integration of the enterprise master data strategy, servicing as the architect and owner of the MDM platform. The successful candidate will help organize its master and reference data, in support of improved and more efficient business processes and the transfer of information across systems. The role is a key member of the Data Governance Council and will work directly with key stakeholders across functional teams such as Investments, Legal, Finance, IT and more in regards to master data design, standards, and technical integrations. As the owner of the MDM system the role will have MDM data stewards as direct reports and responsibility for managing vendor and partner resources to achieve outcomes. Part visionary/evangelist, part realist, part politician, part educator, part technical data analyst/architect– the candidate is presented with a tremendous opportunity to shape the future of how they leverage data as a product, and drives performance and efficiency.
Oversee the definition and standardization of Master and Reference data with the company from a technical perspective and its strategic use across a landscape of applications.
• Operate as a technical lead for firm’s Master and Reference Data architecture and MDM system
• Own and operate the MDM Platform and oversee MDM related business processes
• Analyze the applications in use across the firm toward establishing proper and consistent use of Master and Reference Data to facilitate alignment and consistency across systems and improve reporting
• Develop a close partnership with system owners across functional teams to drive and maintain Master data changes and controls.
• As an integral member of the Data Governance Council, help drive standards and approach for enterprise-wide data governance and strategic use of master and reference data
• Manage the information model held within the Master Data Management platform and the integrations to various sources and target systems
• Understand the fundamental flow of data and the use of that data across systems
• Contribute to the analysis of current processes and potential improvements in efficiency and accuracy resulting from modified approaches to the control of master and reference data
• Work with IT and business stakeholders and system owners to identify current inefficiencies rooted in data management issues.
• Implement continuous improvement initiatives for data Master Data to ensure data quality, integrity on going
• Support the communication and education of functional master data standards, definitions, processes, policies, and tools to functional data owners
• Review/analyze incoming master data requests to determine desired outcome and proper course of action to take
• Stay current on tools and techniques; evaluate industry trends and tools to understand opportunities
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Business
• 8+ years of experience working directly with the design and integration of software applications
• 5+ years direct experience administering an MDM platform and data curation processes
• Strong working knowledge of the principles of Master Data Management spanning Operational MDM and Analytical MDM use cases and integration patterns
• Strong understanding front-office vs back-office applications, and operational vs analytical use cases
• Experience analyzing and improving data quality and standards for data quality
• Strong background in process optimization, control, and improvement
• Experience working with software and 3rd party vendors in the data management space.
• Experience building data stage models (marts, lakes, warehouses, and views), BI capabilities, and visualization paradigms that help the business unlock their business through data access.
• Good understanding of data warehouse architectures and its relationship to MDM
• Well-rounded knowledge of technical and non-technical aspects of data management, including Reference Data Management, Data Quality Improvement, Metadata Management, Data Marketplace and Data Governance
• Experience working in a client-facing / consulting environment to build trusted relationships with client stakeholders and act as a trusted advisor
• Deep experience with business operations, project management, stakeholder management, change management, executive communication
• Strong problem-solving skills and data to work process genealogy and analysis
• Effective presentation skills to describe the importance of Master data concepts and strength to deliver business objectives from Senior Leadership to line of business workers.
Nice to Have
• Experience working in the Finance and/or Investment Management space
• Good understanding of the design and development of ETL, Data pipelines. and Data Visualization on any cloud platform such as Azure, AWS, GCP
• Broad understanding of Private Real Estate Investments and the data and domains it manages
• Development experience in at least 3-4 tools in the data quality, master data management, data governance such as Informatica MDM, Reltio, Semarchy, Ataccama, Collibra , IBW Quality stage, Talend data quality, SAP MDM, Tibco, Alation, SmartLogic