About Our Client
Our client is a fast-growing, venture-backed company with the ambition to transform the way we design and deliver imaginative, innovative urban architecture. They are architects, engineers, designers, technologists, modelers, manufacturers, fabricators, prototypes, logistics and supply chain specialists, business developers, and operations nerds. They combine technology, design, architecture, and manufacturing to make high-rise urban buildings that are greener and higher
quality, using a system that is faster, less expensive, and more efficient.
They are seeking a hands-on manufacturing engineer to help transition products from concept to reality. Your skill will help drive manufacturing system design to meet safety, quality, volume, and cost; manufacturing process introduction, validation and improvements; provide support to design
team in design for manufacturing; conduct make vs buy analysis; Develop equipment, tooling and fixtures to support production, Responsible for developing and implementing manufacturing procedures and systems.
This position plays a vital role in creating and maintaining a culture of execution that supports the company’s core values, vision, and mission.
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you’ll get hands-on with the design and prototyping teams to help transition products from concept to reality. The engineering you do will shape many aspects of their work: you’ll drive manufacturing system design to meet safety, quality, volume, and cost; perform manufacturing process introduction, validation and improvements; provide support to the team in design for manufacturing; conduct make vs buy analysis; develop equipment, tooling and fixtures to support production; and develop and implement advanced manufacturing procedures and systems in an industry where this has never been done before.
• Contribute for manufacturing system design development and implementation establishing
process workflow, layout, space requirements, standard time, manufacturing capacity and cost.
• Provide a focus on Safety, Quality and Cost management.
• Provide production ramp-up planning to deliver capital equipment on time and in sequence.
• Manage the design, delivery and validation of critical tooling and stations.
• Provide capital equipment selection criteria and decision influence.
• Manage the roll-out of a Manufacturing Execution System (MES).
• Develop standard work and work instruction documents for processes that will be maintained
within the MES system
• Support the implementation of the ERP system from production, inventory and planning perspective.
• Perform structured root cause analysis of in-process failures.
• Implements and enhances engineering process documentation such as Process flow diagram, Control plan, PFMEA, DFM, DFA and statistical process control.
• Demonstrates urgency and capabilities to address and resolve issues quickly and prioritize as needed.
• Identifies opportunities for efficiency improvements and cost savings through tools and processes.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
• You are highly self-directed and capable of solving complex problems.
• Can do Attitude
• You will be highly proficient at project management skills, able to forecast task requirements,
complexity, and resources.
• You can communicate clearly, delivering effective presentations in person and via video
• You can deploy Lean and Six Sigma methodologies from scratch.
• A hands-on engineer with a passion for continuous improvement and building the best
• Highly self-directed and capable of solving complex problems.
• An optimist with a can-do attitude.
• Highly proficient in project management, and able to forecast tasks, complexity and resources.
• A clear communicator who is comfortable expressing ideas to both technical and non-technical
• Adept in Six Sigma methodologies and able to deploy them without existing infrastructure.
• Bachelor of science degree in mechanical, aerospace, manufacturing engineering or related
discipline from an accredited university.
• 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing, and/or production of aerospace, automotive,
biomedical or other complex products.
• Experience transitioning products from design to manufacturing as part of a cross-functional
team in a fast-paced iterative design environment.
• Experience designing and qualifying manufacturing lines & equipment
• Experience modeling with 3D CAD software such as: CATIA, Solidworks.
• Experience and demonstrated capability with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5.
• Working proficiency with PFMEA methodology and implementation.
• Knowledge and experience applying statistical methods to track process capability.
• Demonstrated experience designing tooling in a manufacturing environment.
• Hands-on engineer with a passion for continuous improvement and building the best hardware.
• Knowledge in process simulation is a plus