About our client:
Our client is a FinTech/PropTech startup that raised $22M in a Series A in 2020. Our client helps frontliners, healthcare workers, teachers, and government employees build financial security near the communities they serve. Our client offers families financial solutions, a trusted network of agents and lenders, and home buying guidance to help navigate all of their options, including their own shared equity down payment program.
About their culture:
Act with Humility. Find what's fair. Prioritize the Human. Own your Growth.
About the Role:
Our client is looking for a systems-oriented mortgage/finance leader to grow their Down Payment Program. As Manager of Down Payment Program Operations, your objective is to ensure that our client originates quality down payment investments, and the experience is easy, efficient and joyful for their customers.
· Develop a streamlined and scalable down payment program operation to deliver on ambitious quarterly volume and cost targets. At the same time, you’ll maintain a high quality down payment experience across all markets. Work closely with cross-functional leaders, especially our client’s Investment Committee, Sales, Marketing, Brokerage, and Product to ensure alignment with company objectives.
· Originate and exit quality down payment investments, leveraging policies from our client’s Investment Committee, and proposing new policies that help us better achieve their objectives. Build a seamless property, customer and deal underwriting operation. Establish and train up a seamless ecosystem of partners necessary to originate down payment investments, including title/escrow and lenders (especially our client’s Home Loans department).
· Build a strong team. Build and manage a team of talented like-minded leaders with diverse and specialized skill sets, including property underwriting, transaction coordination, investment operations and more. Manage resource allocation effectively. Develop a collaborative and supportive team culture. Coach, mentor, inspire and support each member of the team to reach their performance metrics, live into our client’s values, and be able to grow into any role within the company.
· Operational excellence while building for scale. Prior experience building a scaled operating model with people, tools, systems and processes improvements to drive business efficiency in a real estate, mortgage, or related context. Adept at adapting to the inevitable changes and learning that happen along the way.
· Relentless prioritization while navigating in ambiguity. You have a healthy skepticism for the status quo and an unwillingness to settle. You're skilled at finding a balance between the perfect and the good, and skilled at letting go of what is no longer needed. You can effectively manage trade offs between different business objectives. You’re not afraid to make the hard decision that sets us up for long-term success.
· People, relationship and change management. You’re a skilled relationship and team builder who is experienced at empowering a team and leading with empathy and integrity. You have experience being a catalyst for positive change in a growing organization. You thrive when working cross-functionally and are a strong bridge-builder.
· Communication. You’re a strong communicator, skilled at explaining complicated concepts simply, and navigating different contexts. You’re great at listening to what people say and hearing what they mean.
· 7+ years experience managing an underwriting function, or the closing of mortgage transactions
· 7+ years experience building and managing operations, systems or technology
· Significant experience in a dynamic organization successfully managing growth and change
· This is a full-time, exempt role with flexible location, ideally based in the Denver metro or San Francisco Bay area. Candidates should expect some regular travel to Denver and/or San Francisco in the future once it is safe to do so.
· In addition to a competitive salary, this position includes equity at a high-profile, Series A start-up. They offer a full suite of health & wellness coverage, as well as other programs to support your professional growth, including an annual $5K personal/professional development budget. They also encourage and accommodate schedules that take into consideration the diversity of responsibilities and goals their teammates have outside of the office.
For further details please contact Sophia - firstname.lastname@example.org