Our client is a real estate fintech disrupting residential real estate. The company makes buying, selling and renting an easy, hassle-free experience. They are building Europe’s largest residential fintech platform for institutional investors to enable programmatic real estate investment at scale, unlocking the residential asset class. For sellers, they provide a quick and transparent sales process with a guaranteed offer in 48 hours and their renters enjoy high quality and newly refurbished properties with excellent service.
Founded in 2017, they’re a fast-growing start-up and have received significant institutional and venture funding backed by top European and Global VCs. The team includes serial entrepreneurs and industry leaders with experience from McKinsey, Goldman Sachs, Blackstone, Uber, Amazon, Procter & Gamble, BlackRock, Morgan Stanley, Google, WeWork, etc. and they are looking for talented people to join them on their mission.
Our client puts data at the heart of decision making and believe that opinions don’t affect facts, but facts affect opinions. They are straightforward, open-minded, creative and not afraid to challenge others. If this sounds like you too… read on!
- Develop the BI & Data Science function together with the Head of BI & Data Science and other analytics leaders.
- Support the successful adoption of analytics across the company with easy and quick access to relevant data.
- Work closely with their analytics and engineering teams and help them to work with data more effectively and efficiently.
- Understand data problems and needs.
- Propose and deliver appropriate solutions.
- Create the roadmap for and establish their central data platform capabilities.
- Build and lead a team of data engineers.
- Agree and drive the implementation of a common data architecture with their product and engineering teams.
- Lead efforts to resolve ad-hoc challenges across the business.
- Identify opportunities on how to use data, insights and analytics more powerfully to automate and optimise their processes and solutions.
- You have previous experience leading data engineers or analytics teams successfully solving data engineering and architecture challenges in a complex and fast-moving business environment.
- A good understanding of the different data needs of analytics and engineering teams and how they could be met. Ideally, you have already successfully supported analytics and/or engineering teams with data platform capabilities.
- You effectively enabled & trained others to work with the tools and services you provided.
- You have strong experience working with SQL and RDBMS. Ideally, you already worked with or even managed cloud data warehouses like Snowflake or BigQuery.
- You used or ideally managed message brokers (like Kafka) to share data updates across services and applications.
- You have a solid understanding of software design principles, DevOps and cloud infrastructure. MLOps, big data or real-time processing is a plus.
- You’re a self-starter who is comfortable working autonomously and with teams located across their offices.
- You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty, prioritise your focus based on impact, and are able to own a project from start to finish
- Flexible leave policy
- Flexible working policy, they believe that work is something you do not when you have to do it
- Mental Health Assistance
- A truly collaborative culture where the best ideas win, not the person with the most senior title
- The ability to figure out your own solutions, and the responsibility to implement them
- A culture that is devoid of egos, where People > Product > Profits