This is a critical and incredibly exciting moment for our client. After two years primarily focused on developing their world-leading technology, they’ve just closed their £2.5m Seed round led by some of the world’s top investors and are shifting to a mindset of full-throttle commercialisation. They’re looking for an ambitious Commercial Lead to oversee and drive this process.
The company already receives inbound from some of the largest retailers and organisations in the world thanks to their ground-breaking technology, budding reputation and eye-catching content.
They’ll develop and execute on our client’s end to end sales strategy, leading their relationships with large retailers and organisations from lead generation through to signature. With time, the Commercial Lead will also be responsible for building and developing an energetic and hungry sales team.
What do they do?
Our client’s vision is that every physical space will become digitally connected, unlocking an entirely new type of interaction with the world around us as well as countless commercial use cases. Served in a frictionless manner, a “smart space” unlocks rich information and context, which allows for insights and more informed decisions – transforming 1bn daily interactions with the world.
Right now, the biggest players in tech are working on building next-gen Augmented Reality hardware and wearables, and they’re building the killer consumer use-cases for this transformative technology.
So far, the company has built technology breakthroughs in AR navigation, indoor mapping and precise location – and with their first retailer partnership with M&S, they’ve enabled the first-ever “smart space”. They’re bringing this next-generation technology to everyone, with an app that works on every phone, and will become completely essential. In your application, say “Rocket” so they know you’ve read this.
The challenges here are hard and rewarding. Every day, our client’s team is collaborating across different skill sets to explore new problems and build innovative solutions that drive them towards their goal. If you’re passionate, driven and looking for the opportunity to have a huge influence on commercialising this innovation throughout the world, they want to speak to you.
Who are they?
Our client’s team is led by technology and business pioneers. In previous roles, they’ve developed and implemented strategies that have generated hundreds of millions of pounds. Every day they break new ground, developing truly innovative technology that unlocks all sorts of commercial use cases.
What will you be doing?
On a day to day basis you’ll be working closely with the company’s COO as well as the Product team on the following priorities:
- Develop and execute their B2B sales strategy to achieve sales targets and expand their customer base
- Lead the company’s end to end corporate sales process with large retailers and organisations, from lead generation through to closing
- Be the voice of the market, communicating the latest developments to the wider team and weighing this information to choose the companies/industries/territories we target
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through sales materials such as proposals, presentations, demos to potential customers
- Maintain strong, long-lasting relationships with acquired customers
- Help design our client’s commercial KPIs and monitor performance against them on a regular basis
- Work closely with Marketing and Product teams to input into design of marketing materials as required (e.g. blog posts)
- Hire, mentor and develop an energetic and hungry sales team as sales targets and revenue grow
What skills/experience are they looking for?
Overall, they’re looking for someone who is excited about their technology, their mission and can grow in their role as the company grows.
- 4+ years experience managing, developing and leading B2B sales process at a technology company or other relevant organisation (startup experience highly preferred)
- Experience achieving or exceeding targets in closing deals with enterprise client
- Well-versed across the whole sales process including lead generation, pitching, negotiation, and account management
- Delivers clear, easy to understand messages; compelling to listen to and able to inspire confidence
- Goal-oriented mindset, able to work individually as well as collectively with a team
- Able to thrive in a dynamic, intense, performance-driven culture; comfortable with ambiguity and rapid change
- Visionary, strategic thinker with a knack for persuading and negotiating with internal and external audiences
- Strong business acumen; comfortable discussing data and financials, and can think outside the box and imagine new business models
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to inspire sales teams
- Experience using Hubspot (desirable not essential)
Working with our client
Other than the opportunity to join one of London’s most exciting and friendly start ups they’re offering:
- Generous OTE package/bonus structure (to be discussed with successful applicant who will develop our client’s commercial KPIs)
- Meaningful share options
- 25 days holiday per year
- Pension scheme
- They’re a remote-first company – they work remotely four days a week and spend one day per week together working at an office in London
Perks and benefits
- Work/life balance – They trust in their team and value their wellbeing, so they offer a 1 month per year work from anywhere scheme. They also offer 2 duvet days per year and don’t expect you to work on your Birthday.
- Equipment and workstations – They’ll buy you a company laptop and all the tools you need to work effectively. They also offer a £500 home office budget to make sure you can work in comfort.
- Flexible hours – Working from home brings new challenges to their daily routines, so they offer flexible working hours. Want to take a late lunch? Go to the gym in the day? It’s up to you to manage your time and you’re trusted to get your work done around your schedule.
- Knowledge is power! – They strongly believe in self-improvement and support any personal development initiatives. They offer an annual conference and training budget to help finance any further learning.
- Team socials – They host monthly socials, taking turns to choose what they do and where they go for dinner. Last month they worked as a team to kill hundreds of VR zombies and went for a Brick Lane curry!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. They celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.