This job is based in Paris, France.
Work model: Hybrid
Salary Package: > 140.000€ OTE
Our client is strengthening its sales team to develop and increase its presence in the French, Belgian and Luxembourg markets and is looking for a Head of BD. He/She will report to the Sales Director France. If you like challenges, winning customers and having excellent sales and relationship skills, we would like to know more about you.
About our client:
Founded in 2013, our client has demonstrated continued growth across continents and established itself as a name in the real estate and Proptech spaces.
Joining our client’s team as the Head of Business Development means becoming a leader at the intersection of real estate and technology.
They are setting the global standard for technology in the built world. As technological development continues to outpace the rate of change in real estate, the need for a global standard for in-building technology is imperative. They assess the connectivity, digital infrastructure and sustainability of buildings and label them accordingly. In addition to analyzing the technical characteristics of buildings, they also look at the digital experience and comfort of tenants.
They are the only company doing what they do. They do not compete on pricing. Instead, they solve real problems for their clients which translate into real-life impacts for the people living and working in their certified buildings.
They have phenomenal product market fit. They work with over 800 of the largest owners and 800m sq ft + of real estate globally, bringing a global standard to the markets they move into.
They are one of the most successful real estate tech companies, globally. This is the time to join at a point where you can have real influence over the future vision of the business, with huge opportunities to grow as they grow.
What they are looking for:
They’re looking for people who can sell a vision: A vision of how technology will shape the future of our cities. We’re looking for people who are experienced in the real estate industry, but who have the motivation to disrupt the industry for a better-connected and technology-enabled future.
- They are looking for people that can sell a vision around how technology will define the future of cities.
- They want out-of-the-box thinkers: people who know the real estate industry but are bored with the archaic structures and practices that exist and want to use their work to make positive change here.
- They want people who are hungry and passionate about the future of the real estate and want to be positioned as thought leaders in that space. They expect Their BD leaders to build a public profile and be the face of our business in their markets and press.
- They want rounded individuals that are interested and interesting. Their team are from a plethora of different backgrounds, which allows them to thrive on working together to solve problems that the business faces alongside their own workstreams.
- Radical Candor is a core value that they live by. They endeavour to create a feedback-rich environment that allows everyone to learn, grow and thrive.
- Make our client known by initiating strategic relationships with real estate decision-makers (real estate companies, developers, investors) as well as specifiers (AMO, BET, brokers, PM).
- Participate in strategic development by playing a key role in the company’s success and growth.
- Manage and maintain existing client accounts by developing business activities.
- Manage and maintain relationships with influencers.
- Identify and prospect new customers.
- Develop sales from prospecting to contract signing by:
- Canvassing prospects (real estate companies, developers, investors) / prescribers (design offices, AMO, property managers, brokers).
- Meeting with decision makers/specifiers.
- Presenting our service and value proposition.
- Negotiating draft contracts.
- Identify marketing opportunities and work closely with the marketing team to drive demand for the product.
- 3/5 years of higher education in sales, business or real estate.
- Successful experience in B2B sales development with a strong prospecting dimension that has allowed you to develop a “hunter/closer” spirit.
- Experience in the commercial real estate sector (broker, asset, invest, AMO) or proptech.
- Tenacity and organization.
- Curiosity, autonomy and strength of proposals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills enabling you to interact with all types of people and to establish a relationship of trust.
- Good level of English.
Our client continues to demonstrate a strong growth trajectory, backed by some of the biggest venture capital funds in the world including Bessemer Venture Partners & Fifth Wall. As the company continues to grow, this brings huge room for career progression across multiple disciplines.
- You will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the smartest minds in real estate, engineering, technology and management consultancy, to develop and grow your skills towards multiple progression pathways.
- You will have the opportunity to own, develop and execute the go-to-market strategy for your market
- You will have the opportunity to improve your sales skills and build expertise in how real estate and technology intertwine.
- As a business, they care about outputs, not inputs. They are focused on creating the best environment to allow individuals to shape their own career trajectories and be successful.
- You will be supported in your work by a Customer Success & Marketing team, as well as BD colleagues globally.
- You will be provided with tools such as CoStar, ZoomInfo & LinkedIn Sales Navigator to help you solve problems and succeed.
- Their employees receive a $1,000 budget per year to spend on personal and professional development, and a $300 wellness budget per year to support their work-life balance.
- Base salary based on experience and skills.
- A highly motivating commission structure.
- Personal development budget.
- Other benefits such as well-being budget, additional vacation, etc.