Our client is a leading global provider of a mission-critical software-as-a-service (“SaaS”) and on-demand digital infrastructure platform to the high growth flexible workspace and commercial real estate industry. Their software and technology was specifically designed and developed to help solve the complex operational and technological challenges faced by multi-site flexible workspace and agile real estate providers when they scale-up and focus on occupier in building experiences.
This is an opportunity to work for a public listed, global market leader in a highly vibrant and evolving industry. They are looking for a Head of Brand and Communication with a strong background in SaaS / Technology communication management, brand leadership and commercial real estate. This role is based in their London HQ and reports to the CMO.
This brand and communication leader will be expected to apply their experience, creativity, planning and leadership skills to position them as the category leader for flexible workspace and agile real estate software and technology.
Main duties and responsibilities:
They will look to you to ensure that all their key stakeholder audiences have a clear picture of their positioning, reputation and thought leadership. You’ll develop differentiated corporate narrative, ensure global brand consistency, and execute tactics to increase their share of voice in key publications, align collateral and assets to global standards and be the custodian for their brand.
You will be responsible for building and maintaining the consistency of their brand and messaging across key global regions – North America and Canada, UK and Europe as well as APAC. This will require close working relationships with their executive team as well as regional offices, agencies, and marketing colleagues.
Apply your skills in brand, communication strategy, and narrative development to craft high impact corporate and product leadership messaging, presentations, point of views, and collateral for all key audiences – be the voice of the business with strong alignment to their vision and journey.
- Develop their brand and go-to-market messaging to align with audience communication interests, topics, trends and themes while at the same time educating the market, subject matter experts and influencers about the value and innovation that digital strategy, software, and technology can bring to the in the commercial real estate industry.
- Ensure that the their brand, reputational framework and messaging is consistently applied across collateral, media and influencer channels, digital and product strategies, events, investor relations and campaigns – establish and maintain sign-off and quality control processes.
- Constantly refine messaging, engage in industry conversations and develop thought leadership angles to ensure that their leadership position is further established in a fast-evolving market.
- Work with regional marketing teams, PR and marketing agencies, marketing operations and product marketing to supercharge messaging and brand quality, clarity, and consistency.
- Create an executive profiling plan and support their spokespeople with training and messaging.
- Mentor and coach their spokespeople, agencies, and marketing colleagues to effectively communicate their story, proposition, and themes.
- Develop a deeper understanding of the global PropTech industry and all key players. Be the eyes and ears of them when it comes to surfacing trends, developments, and opportunities for them to be a thought leader in this space.
- Build editorial calendars, influencer programs and investment cases for thought leadership initiatives, brand, and research projects.
- Track and report on key success metrics.
- Lead and direct all trade PR, design, internal and external communication as it relates to CSR, association relationships, research & advisory projects (tech analysts), investor relations, influencers, global events, corporate digital & social channels including website and social media.
- Partner with the people operations team to deliver internal communication programmes and create excitement about them and their brand.
- Maintain brand asset directories, training programmes and guides.
- Own the strategy, process, and execution of crisis communication.
Qualification and Knowledge:
The successful candidate will be a rounded marketing and communication leader in the commercial real estate, technology and software space with a minimum of 10 years of B2B communication management and brand experience
- At least 10 years of experience in technology and B2B Brand Management & Corporate Communications / Public Relations, preferably in a technology, high-growth and/or SaaS environment.
- Direct experience in the commercial real estate sector working with landlords, brokers and/or flex operators a major plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Communication Management, Marketing / business degree a plus.
- Experience working within a global team essential.
Skills and experience:
- Development of audience communication plans and assets, which may include, but not limited to writing press releases, blogs, presentations, proposals, web pages, email templates, social share cards and corporate / investor collateral.
- Determine, shape, and deliver strategic awareness across all channels via communication programs and campaigns.
- Ensure timely, cost effective and high-quality brand and corporate communication syndication via online media channels, websites, webinars, blogs, forums, technology analysts, reports and presentations.
- Actively promote the their brand, news, customer win stories, values, purpose, products, brand promise and narrative via associations, media partnerships, tradeshows, events, influencers, and customer advisory programmes.
- Align global trade and financial PR efforts to ensure consistency and optimisation.
- Translate the complexity of their software and technology and the scope of their impact into pitches and stories that expand what people think of when they hear their company name.
- Responsible for tracking and refining reputational performance by measuring business results through analytics, including but not limited to share of voice (compared to other industry participants, placements in tier 1 and top CRE publications in key regions), media mentions, research and thought leadership initiatives.
- Steer digital marketing colleagues to draft and tag content in line with requirements for online marketing, search engine marketing (SEM); search engine optimization (SEO) and pay-per-click analytics.
- Relationship management and campaign execution with leadership team, third-party agencies, associations, contractors, and vendors.
- Custodian of corporate social marketing channels – LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube etc.
- Influence, direct and lead brand execution with partner, sales, regional marketing, people operations, customer success teams as it related to proposal writing, bid management and presentation support.
- Actively develop a brand and communications team while mentoring marketing peers and colleagues.
- Experience in developing content for a commercial real estate audience essential.
- Very strong copywriting and content marketing skillset and experience applied to videos, webpages, white papers, case studies, eBooks, banners, event stands, webinars, product sheets, presentations.
- Tech savvy with content management systems (CMS) e.g. WordPress
- Track record of PR campaign execution and optimization.
- Highly organised, metrics driven & team player.
- Evidence of successful go-to-market with trade associations and 3rd party media.
- Understanding of PropTech, SaaS or IaaS technology landscapes a major plus.
- Openness to coaching and personal development essential.
- Prior exposure to agile / scrum work practices in a marketing and communication context would be an advantage.
- Role will involve up to 15% international travel.
- Experience working in fast paced, innovative, scale-up SaaS environments.
Aptitude and personal Qualities:
- Relationship builder who has worked in a global marketing team.
- Strong stakeholder management skills – evidence of working with a publicly listed company, commercial, sales and customer success leadership and teams.
- Passionate about brand and communication, naturally curious, creative — mindset to test and experiment.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with product, creatives, product marketers, content marketers, and campaign managers of all levels.
- Passion for creativity, innovation and making complex topics and technology solutions accessible and understandable.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership – self-starter with a can-do attitude. Excellent cross-functional collaboration; creativity; and project management skills in rapidly changing market context.
- Collaborate with and manage a team as well as multiple projects – player coach.
- Very strong eye for detail, brand standards and message quality.
- Analytical mindset with a focus on measuring internal and external communications effectiveness and results.
- Have strong business acumen to demonstrate the value of your work.
- Experience building and scaling processes, teams, budgets, tools, and programs.
- Ability to think outside of the box and challenge the team to push the boundaries.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of professionalism and judgement with the ability to handle confidential information with appropriate care.
- An excellent communicator who can explain complex subjects in compelling language.
- Thrives in a global, fast paced, and dynamic work environment.
- Proactive self-starter who can uncover and develop content that will resonate with media, customers, partners and stakeholders.
- Exhibit strong understanding of earned and paid media, trends, and measurement approaches.
- Excellent creative writing skills. A storyteller who can translate narratives into different formats – from brand narratives to blog posts, social media posts and presentations for executives.
- Most importantly, you’ll be eager to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in and have a real passion for digital transformation, multi-channel communications and their journey!