Group Financial Controller
Finance · London, England, United Kingdom · Full-time
They are one of the fastest-growing property technology companies in the UK and Germany, with offices in the US and Turkey. Its mission is to improve lives by making property work better for everyone. The platform empowers landlords and property managers to manage their properties and internal trades workforce, source local trade talent, build community cohesion and provide better services than ever before. The end-to-end solution offers a flexible approach to compliance management, repairs reporting and delivery, ensuring landlords and property managers can be confident that their property meets necessary standards.
Since 2013, they have:
· Dramatically improved outcomes by speeding up service delivery fivefold and creating economic opportunities within local communities.
· Set a new industry benchmark on responsive repairs by reducing typical time frames (20 days) to less than 4 days.
· Entered partnerships with social enterprises to help people into trades jobs, and thus rebuild their lives.
They have been recognised by multiple awarding bodies since its inception, including:
· ‘Deal of the Year - Residential’ at the UK PropTech Awards 2018.
· ‘Business Change/Transformation’ Award at the UK Business Awards 2019.
· Recognised as ‘Professional Services Partner’ at the UK Housing Awards 2019.
· Repairs and Maintenance Provider of the Year at the 24Housing Awards 2019.
· Featured on the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 list 2020.
· Most Collaborative Business Award - PropTech at the UK Proptech Awards 2020.
Following a major funding round, they have recently expanded into the US multi-family market and has plans to enter the wider professional and commercial real estate sector in Europe this year.
In sum, they are a technology-led business developing cutting-edge solutions - and that’s only possible to do with a great team. Their culture is open, empowering and fast-paced. If you’re tenacious, passionate and driven, you will fit right in.
As a result of business growth and the scope of the finance team, an opportunity has arisen for an experienced financial controller. A background in SaaS or marketplace businesses is desirable as well as experience in rapid growth businesses from Series A onwards. The financial controller will be fully responsible for all day to day finance and reporting activities for the UK and international entities (DE, Turkey, US) and also lead on shareholder matters and group taxation.
This is a high profile role in their growth journey and will report directly into the CFO.
This is an office based role in the UK but they support flexible working.
· Full responsibility for the transactional accounting in the UK, Germany, Turkey and USA (AR, AP, payments)
· Responsible for the management of junior finance team members (currently a team of two) as well as outsourced advisers overseas.
· Preparation of consolidated monthly management accounts, annual statutory accounts and audit management (across all countries)
· Liaising with outsourced payroll providers to deliver the monthly payroll, both in the UK and overseas
· Establishing, improving and maintaining control processes
· Short term cashflow forecasting and management
· Responsible for all taxation matters including R&D tax credits, VAT, Corporation tax and EMI option management
· Support internal reporting on KPI performance
· Investor Reporting
· Company secretarial reporting and shareholder reporting including submission of companies house confirmation statement and Cosec lead
· Supporting the FP&A team as required
· Qualified accountant with 5 years of post qualified experience
· Strong technical accounting skills
· Experience with the design, implementation and maintenance of accounting and financial management processes
· Track record of working in scale-up businesses, particularly ones which have a presence overseas (experience of running finance operations in Germany is a plus)
· Evidence of experience of transactional accounting, along with month-end production and group consolidation (audit experience is a plus)
· Good positive attitude to getting stuck into a variety of tasks
· Ability to work independently and to tight deadlines
· Track record of working in scale-up businesses, particularly ones which have a presence overseas and are Series A or beyond (SaaS or marketplace experience would be an advantage)
· Working knowledge of Xero and ideally Netsuite implementation/ practical experience
· Ability to travel to their office in London Bridge
As you can see, they have big plans and are eager to grow their team of dreamers and doers to achieve their vision of managing over 1 million properties through their platform across various countries. You can help us shape the future of property management. Here’s what they offer:
· A competitive compensation package
· Private health care including discounted gym membership
· Learning and development fund
· A remote-friendly working environment + 23 days annual holiday
· Home office allowance
· An inherently diverse culture with over 18 nationalities and 21 languages spoke