About the Role
Our client is a rapidly growing technology company operating internationally. Their goal is to help their clients to create the most efficient, effective, and engaging working environments. They are on a mission of marketing maturity and this all-encompassing PR and Social Media Manager role is one of their senior marketing positions working closely with and reporting to the Marketing Director. You will be responsible for creating and implementing a global PR strategy to elevate their brand profile amongst their target audience. You will have an aptitude for building relations and a thirst to hunt down the opportunity to be featured. Social is an extension of their PR efforts and officially communicating to their followers and the market. You will also own the brands social media efforts, working with the team to create meaningful content that speaks to their audience. This position is ideal for a candidate that wants to put their stamp on a progressive tech leader.
Areas of Responsibility:
PR Strategy, Content and Outreach:
- Working closely and reporting to the Marketing Director, create and present a global PR strategy that is aligned with the wider marketing and comms strategy and be responsible for its delivery.
- Create relevant and compelling PR statements.
- Work with clients on any PR opportunities.
- Create global connections in the Americas, EMEA, APAC to seed thought leadership and respond to journalist requests.
- Work with the wider team to produce meaningful thought leadership pieces.
- Work with analytics and subject matter experts to create content and respond to requests.
Campaign & Content Creation for social media:
- Create a plan and develop the posting of daily social posts on relevant social media platforms including Twitter and LinkedIn to help grow the channels.
- Carry out social media research including but not limited to, competitors, target audience, and industry trends.
- Work with designers on social content ideas and assets such as GIFs, artwork, profile/ background images.
- Contribute to reactive and proactive social media opportunities.
Fundamental Skills & Requirements
- You will have existing relationships with tier 1 journalist in the business and technology space. It’s extremely favorable if you have contacts in the workplace, office technology and sustainability space.
- You will have hands on experience of being part of a tech, business agency or brand.
- Demonstrable ability to own and implement tech and business PR is essential.
- Relatable contacts with tier 1 publications, news producers and other mediums (e.g., podcasts, etc.).
- Experience agency side or client side implementing PR strategies in the B2B, tech, workplace and sustainability sectors with international reach.
- A natural communicator preferring conversations over email. Someone that enjoys talking and meeting people.
- Attending events (UK and internationally) and networking is second nature and is an environment you thrive in.
- Ability to manage your workload, manage expectations and be part of a fully functioning marketing department.
- Ability to produce creative and original ideas both on your own and as part of a team.
- Ability to present and showcase your PR expertise and portfolio will be required as part of the hiring process.
- Likely to be educated to degree level in a relevant discipline, you will have strong communication and interpersonal skills, comfortable interacting with a range of stakeholders within and outside of the business.
Character and Behaviors:
- Passionate and curious about technology.
- Natural networker, always on the look-out for opportunities to grow and develop networks to promote the company and their products.
- Able to balance operational and strategic thinking.
- Commercial thinker.
- Strong customer ethos.
- Delivery focused, comfortable working in a target driven environment.
- Focused on quality and the drive for improvements.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, agile culture.
- A team player, gains satisfaction from being part of winning team.