About our client:
Our client brings societal impact to markets, and what that means is that they illuminate paths to a more sustainable world. They are a sustainability tech company, founded in 2017. They leverage AI and machine learning technologies to ensure sustainability dimensions are a focal point of decision making for professional investors, corporates and consumers.
Challenges for this role
They are looking for a Global ESG Data Research Lead to join their Data Strategy team. You will be responsible for coordinating all the content collection efforts as well as the aspects related to the delivery of those to the different business areas.
You will work closely team with the Data Strategy Manager in order to deliver on the plan and the roadmap, with the Raw Data Business Development Manager.
You will be in charge of managing an internal team of Data Research managers, Data Analysts and Data Associates. You will be responsible for coaching, mentoring, engaging and promoting them internally in order for them to have a successful career.
- Delivery: Deliver against the data collection plan, not only on the underlying data but also on the data products from raw data
- Management: Manage a team of subject matter experts that own data collection, vendor management, process development- and maintenance, and work with data science teams on, labeling and other human-in-the-loop tasks. Be instrumental in defining career and learning paths and drive internal talent.
- Reporting: Define KPIs for data collection, data quality and the broader document collection and analysis workflow to enable performance transparency, reporting, and process optimization. Own regular reporting on progress against the collection roadmap.
- Collaboration: Effectively collaborate and communicate with vertical and lateral stakeholders on process updates, challenges, and highlights. In particular, work with other product and strategy teams across the business to ensure that the quality of data meets client expectations, and with the technology areas in order to successfully increase automation.
- Strategy: Participate in the ESG leadership team to influence broader strategic product priorities and research and development efforts. Provide thought leadership as well as operational leadership.
Our client is looking for Leaders who are able to execute Data Collection plans, providing visibility on KPIs related to coverage, quality and efficiency. They like dynamic people that want to create new things, teams, processes with innovative approaches and who are not afraid of taking risks.
You enjoy building scalable processes and teams with a deep understanding on how technology can streamline and accelerate those processes.
As the ideal candidate for the position you will provide
- You hold an MBA in Business Administration and a business or technical background (Business, Engineer, Math, Physics, … ) If you have a business degree, you have strong analytical skills.
- You have at least 4 years of experience in a Data Vendor, coordinating a team of researchers (total 10+ years in people management)
- Leadership skills to coach, mentor and motivate a high performing team. Hands-on and leading by example.
- Strong vendor management experience to identify and source quality partners, set the right contractual frameworks and define service level parameters.
- Sound understanding of corporate financial and ESG reporting, relevant financial accounting terms and methods; familiarity with reading, understanding and using revenue data for ESG analysis. Ideally proven experience with ESG products and methodologies;
- Strong conceptual, technical (Excel, python) and analytical skills, particularly in the areas of quantitative research, analysis and data management;
- Solutions- and execution-oriented approach;
- Good project management skills, attention to detail, a self-driven work ethic, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work within a team-oriented cross-functional environment and communicate with various internal parties; experience working with teams located in multiple cities and countries preferred.
- You are able to implement processes and interact with different stakeholders in order to make those efficient and effective.
- You are comfortable interacting with customers and have a strong bias towards customer satisfaction and creation of value for the company.
- Strong communication skills. The right candidate can thrive in an environment of asynchronous conversation, since a part of the team will be based remotely. You should have strong communication skills and be able to create working relationships with coworkers across various locations.