PropTech General Manager role based in Charlotte, North Carolina, US.
About the job
My client is on a mission to revive and modernize the American Dream by bringing the homebuilding process online. We couldn't be more excited to work at the intersection of software and the real world.
They are looking for an experienced leader to manage our Charlotte, North Carolina marketplace, overseeing sales, land acquisition, and construction staff as they help homebuyers build their dream homes. As the final DRI for the Charlotte area, you'll be directly responsible for the team's key performance indicators and the growth and development of its 5 full-time staff members.
Beyond just fulfilling our customers' needs, we're looking for someone who is passionate about our future and wants to play a key part in building an ecosystem that enables homebuyers, builders, and realtors to thrive.
- Drive growth in the Charlotte market
- Monitor, improve, and report on Market KPIs
- Lead efforts understand our current customers and partners in the area
- Create a strategy for expanding their market share
- Empower your team to deliver their KPIs
- Lead weekly market reviews to increase transparency and accountability across the team
- Ensure key KPIs and components of our unit economics have an owner and initiative identified
- Engage, develop, and support a 5-person team of sales, partnerships, and project management professionals
- Be an internal champion for your market
- Help your team to highlight areas where technology could reduce complexity
- Create opportunities for your team, peers, and leadership to provide input on growing your market wedge
- Provide input to the Platform team on actions they should take to build our core product and accelerate current growth
- 5-10 years of experience working in B2B sales or partnerships in a consumer goods space
- Experience managing profit-and-loss for a business segment, including tracking and reporting on financial performance metrics
- 2-4 years of experience directly managing people, especially across various roles
- Experience managing multiple sales and operations work streams using a CRM or a task management software
- Bonus points if you've worked in a property-adjacent sector (e.g. construction, architecture, real estate), and have established relationships with builders and realtors
- Self-aware and open to feedback, with a high-collaboration team player mentality
- A bottom-up servant leader who focuses on empowering and supporting others as much as driving KPIs
- Excited to learn, grow and become a leader at a company that is changing how homebuyers build homes
- Collaborative in strategy and planning, and autonomous in execution and delivery
- Resilient and flexible when it comes to overcoming challenges and adapting to roadblocks
- Someone who enjoys frequently interacting with people via phone, in-person, email, and social media to articulate ideas and build trust
- Highly organized, professional, and attentive to even the smallest details
- Receptive to feedback, with the willingness to learn and embrace continuous improvement
- Competitive compensation, including variable compensation based on market performance
- Generous equity options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Uncapped PTO and sick leave, including paid parental leave
- $2000 work from home stipend
- Sponsored quarterly travel to the Bay Area
This position is based in Charlotte, North Carolina, and will require you to work in-person in the Charlotte area.
For further details please contact Emma - email@example.com