Functional Consultant role based in Remotely in the UK.
They are the world’s leading provider of facility and construction cost data, software, and services for all phases of the building lifecycle. A pioneer of Job Order Contracting (JOC), their offerings also include their proprietary RSMeans data, Sightlines Facility Intelligence solutions, VFA Facility, and Kykloud capital planning software solutions. From planning to design, procurement, construction and operations, their solutions help clients maximize efficiency, optimize cost savings, and increase building quality. They are a part of the international business group Fortive, with 26,000 people employed worldwide.
The Functional Consultant will help translate complex customer business requirements into viable business solutions. Their ability to deconstruct customer challenges into discrete, logical components will be paramount. The successful candidate will be highly self-motivated, an expert at juggling multiple competing projects and priorities on fast-paced timelines and is able to deliver unparalleled customer success.
This position reports directly to the Manager of Professional Services and will be a remote position within the UK.
- Serve as a single point of contact for customers by managing the complete software implementation lifecycle, including business process analysis, configuration, training, and overall client management
- Work with customers to understand and document their requirements and their critical success factors for an implementation of the product
- Lead discovery, co-creation workshops and stakeholder interviews with their customers to clearly understand and document the appropriate requirements
- Collaboratively design and document the solution, to meet those requirements and critical success factors for their customers
- Set-up, configure and build the solution their customers require in the software product ecosystem
- Support customers during the user acceptance testing process to ensure the solution performs as it is required and resolve any further issues or adapt the solution to the customers satisfaction
- Deploy the final and signed off solution across the relevant environments into production
- Support the customer in migrating data from their legacy systems into the final solution
- Provide training to educate the customer in the operation and use of their solution into their business
- Identify potential change request opportunities and escalating to Manager when warranted
- Manage risk mitigation for implementations
- Committed to becoming a product expert and using best practice to achieve customer goals
- Delivering at least 60-70% billable hours
- During COVID, most travel has been suspended. At some future point travel may resume (20% - 40% of the time) for in-person customer visits
- At least 3 years’ experience in software implementation and a track record of delivering client implementations
- Proven ability to successfully balance multiple projects. Successfully manage your own diary and understand when the volume of requests will impact the quality of your work.
- Self-motivated learning style with a drive for consistent improvement and excellent eye for detail.
- Ability to translate customer business requirements into business solutions
- A thorough understanding of data manipulation and analysis for data migrations and building reports/visuals
- Experience of data manipulation, ideally using SQL, SSIS or similar manipulation and workflow packages
- A thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle. Experience with all phases of a client software implementation lifecycle, including initial needs analysis, project administration, software installation, onsite training, systems troubleshooting, and ongoing account management
- Experience facilitating workshops, gathering requirements, understanding client processes, making software and workflow work together
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including instructing or speaking to an audience
- Experience implementing software and supporting clients. Manage multiple clients at once, breaking their projects down into tasks, estimating effort and delivering the projects.
- Manage a timeline and experience building and executing project plans, being mindful of commercials and delivering to billable utilization targets.
- Delivery focused. Have a good understanding to what you can and can’t commit to and have a proven track record of delivering what you committed to.
- Successful problem solver. Understand the difference between being solution focused and not simply agreeing to a client’s request when a better solution may be possible. You look for innovative ways to resolve issues and you aren’t constrained by what you don’t know.
Additional Experience (strongly desired, but not required):
- Experience with project management lifecycle, including expected milestones and deliverables as they relate to a successful software implementation
- Experience in the Facilities Management or Engineering field
- Experience of Software, ideally SaaS implementations
- Previous involvement in pre-sales activities
For more information contact Bradley Bartlett <firstname.lastname@example.org>