Director, Investor Research role based in New York, San Diego or Chicago.
NEW YORK, CHICAGO, SAN DIEGO /
RESEARCH – RESEARCH /
They are changing the way that commercial real estate (CRE) is done—disrupting a $15 trillion industry by becoming the modern operating system for CRE. They invented the category of leasing and asset management, which allows landlords and brokers to take their entire leasing process online to maximize revenue and performance. Last year, they launched the fastest adopted new product in proptech, their Market. Rise Buildings by them is leading an entirely new category of software - tenant experience. They also recently launched their Data, already getting front-page references in the Wall Street Journal and quoted by Reuters, The Real Deal, Commercial Observer, and many more. Their success shows in their numbers—they hit "Unicorn" status in 2019 and today they have over 12 billion square feet of commercial space managed on their platform on 80,000 buildings in 34 countries, and they’ve expanded to over 400 employees globally. It’s an exciting time to join the their team as they continue to grow rapidly and break records.
Their headquarters are in NYC, but they have major hubs in other cities including Chicago, IL, Toronto, CA, London, UK, San Francisco, CA, and Austin, TX.
How Does This Position Help Them Succeed?
Their mission is to be Commercial Real Estate’s modern operating system, the place where deals happen, customer relationships are nourished, and real-time market data comes to life. They’re growing at an incredible pace and are looking for a talented Director, Investor Research to join the team.
The Director of Investor Research will help grow the differentiated research function, build and maintain a competitive advantage in the marketplace through deep macroeconomic and market expertise, analysis, and insight.
Your responsibilities will be to track and analyze trends within the commercial real estate market with a focus on the interplay between traditional economic indicators (employment, stock market indices, GDP, industry trends, etc.) and commercial real estate fundamentals (demand, occupancy, inventory, rents, etc.). You will work closely with their Market Research lead, external research colleagues, brokerage professionals and investor clients on a daily basis. This role will also work in close collaboration with their Product team to ensure that they are constantly innovating and being the spokesperson for their clients and prospects.
What Makes This Job Awesome?
- Huge growth opportunity:Work on a newly created, rapidly growing team that’s developing a new data product for the commercial real estate industry. They are one of the fastest growing and most successful prop-tech startups in history, so this provides an opportunity to leave your mark as part of a “startup within a startup”
- High visibility: Collaborate daily with high level decision makers internally at the business, working alongside the C-suite and other senior contributors
- Support industry leaders: Their customers include the largest and most sophisticated owners in the industry. You will be in constant communication with senior leadership at these organizations, working to enable them to drive decision making with never-before-seen data and analysis.
- Best-in-class work environment:Employee experience is a top priority at the business which has received numerous workplace satisfaction awards, including being named as a best place to work by Built In and Crains, and carrying a Great Place to Work™ certification.
What Makes You A Great Fit?
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years professional experience in CRE research
- Expertise in macro-level dynamics with a focus on the interplay between economic trends/CRE markets
- Strong quantitative skill set with a proven ability to identify new insights and trends through new and previously unavailable data and industry metrics
- Bring a deep understanding of the institutional investor landscape, along with a proven history of high-level interactions with CRE professionals in this space
- Can translate ideas into thoughtful deliverables that differentiate them, their professionals and their product suite
- Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to clients and internal stakeholders
- Team player mindset. Able to work across cross-functional groups to achieve company goals and create exceptional resultsCan you
What They Value & How They Show It:
- Strive for Excellence - They know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of their executive coaches and their training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed – They’re employee obsessed too! They offer competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. They offer an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - They work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with their equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference -They embrace and celebrates diversity. They understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. They offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
They embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. They are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive they are, the better their work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.