PropTech DevOps & Site Reliability Engineer role based in Germany.
Their engineering team is a mix of cross-functional engineers, covering the full range from systems, mobile, web/front-end and back-end through hardware and firmware development. Their highest priority is to safeguard the privacy and security of their users while maintaining reliability of their service. They believe that it’s possible to have a connected system without gathering huge amounts of information about the private lives of their customers.
They are now looking for a Site Reliability Engineer, working at the heart of their engineering team!
As such, you will be responsible for the continuous operations of their cloud-infrastructure and be the go-to person for the reliability and sustained operations of their service. You will also work with the team in evolving their overall monitoring and alerting architecture and continuously work to ensure maximum performance and stability for their customers.
- Act as an internal contact person regarding their site operations
- Support engineering development & planning from an operations aspect
- Maintain and contribute to the design and architecture of the infrastructure which makes up the system
- Continue to plan and architect their backend for scalability
- Lead the release engineering while assisting development teams in CI and CD
- Support development in packaging, roll-outs, kubernetes env, server-side dataflow
- Proactively extend and strengthen the monitoring of the system, providing system KPIs for their dashboard
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of their high-reliability system
- Help drive and cultivate the security culture
- Excellent, in-depth knowledge of GNU/Linux and associated technologies
- Highly skilled in bash and python, being able to read and understand Ruby is a plus
- Having successfully handled operations running on AWS and understanding that ecosystem
- Fluent in Kubernetes and continuous integration pipelines (Gitlab-CI)
- Have confidence in handling and administering an Postgres in particular running on AWS (RDS)
- Familiarity with event logging and parsing, monitoring and alerting: kibana, elasticsearch, grafana, fluentd, logstash
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Able to work autonomously, identifying and prioritizing tasks; experienced enough to know when you seek input from others
- Practical experience in Ansible, capability to set up new projects
- Understanding IoT and the implied
- Experience with RabbitMQ, Redis, Docker is a plus, but not required
- Experience is what they look for, however they put focus on your possibility to learn and grow on the job
- A high degree of autonomy, challenging tasks, and the ability to impact the company every day
- An inspiring work environment based on team spirit, fun and passion for their product
- Support with any relocation process
- German classes for non-native speakers
- Weekly team lunch as well as a stocked fridge and unlimited coffee
- A thriving and international team of 50+ people in an office in Berlin Mitte
For further details please contact Dilan - email@example.com