Data Scientist role based Remotely in the United States.
Who they are
They were founded in 2013 in the early hours of the morning on the belief that smarter and more connected buildings will have a global impact in curbing their climate challenges and make buildings technologically ready for the next century.
They create global impact by bettering the built environment every day.
Their next generation of software facilitates smarter building operations used by the largest real estate owners and operators around the world. They are changing the industry from the ground up and they’re looking for the right people to achieve their mission! They’re amped by the work they do and driven to constantly propel their values and culture. While awards aren’t the goal, they are humbled to be recognized as one of the coolest places to work by organizations such as DC Inno. Their people come first and it’s the combination of their culture and their mission that has been their greatest differentiator. They take their core values as a company seriously and aspire to level-up their employees in their careers and professional growth.
They are seeking a Data Scientist who will continually find ways to make them innovative. This individual will generate creative solutions to the hardest problems in CRE sustainability while making product improvements in a scalable way.
The Impact you’ll have
You will work with cutting-edge technology to improve the commercial real estate industry to be more efficient, intelligent, and sustainable by bringing in smart machine learning products. You will generate meaningful insights for customers to run their buildings more efficiently and keep them excited about them. You will automate processes to multiply value to customers and develop tools to assure high data quality which is the backbone of the business. You will help the team make intelligent decisions with data-driven insights.
Who you will work with
Data scientists collaborate with industry experts from many disciplines: software engineers, data engineers, and product managers. You will also work closely with domain experts across the company such as building systems engineers or customer service specialists to understand the core problems and customer needs. You will be expected to report and present to senior leadership on team initiatives.
The skills they are looking for…
- 3-5 years of experience in the Data Science field
- “Must have” technical skills: Python, Pandas, scikit-learn, SQL, Jupyter notebooks, Databricks, GitHub, machine learning
- “Nice to have” technical skills: Spark, Databricks, object oriented programming, natural language processing, AWS, REST APIs
- Completed a degree program in the fields of mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering; or related field
- Work effectively in a collaborative environment
- Strong communications skills to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Persistent, proactive, and autonomous while driven by continuous self improvement
- Interest in sustainability, building sciences, commercial real estate industry a plus but not needed
Within 1 Month you will…
- Complete their training & certification program designed to get you up to speed with their business and their customers. You’ll learn about their business, product, vision, and team, and gain an understanding about how your role fits into their family. You’ll learn about their business, product, vision, and team, and gain an understanding about how your role fits into their family.
- Speak fluently about their customer segments and the businesses that buy and sell real estate who use their product. Understand the fundamentals about real estate, how buildings work, and why the real estate industry buys and sells iconic skyscrapers across the cities of the US.
- Understand the key personas within real estate who use their product and why they use it.
- Participate in weekly team meetings that get you up to speed with their development process
- Develop familiarity with their current codebases and data science software applications.
- Get familiarized with different data sources, databases, and data warehouses at the business and be comfortable with querying data from different sources Improve data quality pipelines to enable their engineers
- Establish a regular cadence of reporting your weekly accomplishments and challenges to your manager
Within 3 Months you will…
- Perform exploratory data analysis with various data sources and generate meaningful insights
- Generate reports and deliver presentations on your findings.
- Participate in your team’s successful completion of multiple milestones for a Data Science team epic.
Within 6 Months you will…
- Work closely with domain experts to understand the problem and find solutions to solve the real business problem using data science expertise you have.
- Build end to end pipelines with which you pull data from existing databases, generate insights through various data mining techniques, build models to make accurate predictions, and write outputs to a database that will be integrated into the product.
- Host an internal Lunch-and-Learn with the data science team to share knowledge on a new algorithm, a new feature or tech tips that will benefit the team
Within 12 Months you will…
- Make suggestions to their Roadmap and what they should be building based on your technical knowledge.
- Mentor team members
- Own ongoing interactions, priorities, and roadmap for data science solutions.
- Have developed close relationships with customers and fellow employees to get a deep appreciation for the management of real estate portfolios
They are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all their employees. They welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. they are an EEOC.