Customer Success Manager
Customer Success Manager role based in Brisbane, Queensland.
They are the leading provider of Commercial Real Estate (CRE) Valuation software across Australia and New Zealand. They are looking for a Customer Success Manager to join their team to develop meaningful relationships that promote retention, loyalty and continue to drive forward their global expansion opportunities.
Purpose of the role:
Drive account growth by establishing 'trusted advisor' status with their customers.
- Drive, establish and exceed in Customer Success Metrics
- Customer Success is a relatively new discipline at the client, so they need somebody who will own and drive best practice metrics throughout the business.
- You will have a great grasp on what metrics are required, be good at communicating to the team why these are needed and then feel confident leading initiatives to improve outcomes
- A selection they have started so far is NRR, Churn, Activation rates, Engagement & NPS. They know hey need more, that's why they need you!
- Identify and nurture Product Champions
- You will be effective at quickly establishing rapport and over time building relationships with product champions
- Develop and embed a process of how Customer champions should be identified and delighted
- Maximise Coverage ratios
- Map the customer journey ensuring key touchpoints are identified and acted upon so the customer feels loved but not bombarded.
- You will then be adept at summarising their feedback and feeding back through to relevant internal departments for action.
- Identify the Customer Value Proposition
- Can you put yourself in the shoes of a customer and then act as that voice within the company? There are two sides to this coin:
- You will become an expert in their products so you can educate their customers on how best to leverage the value of their product.
- Additionally, acting on customer requests, you will need to clearly understand the business needs of the customer and be able to articulate a business case (where appropriate) that outlines the ROI for both the customer and the client.
- They want you involved in the later stages of the sales cycle. You will be able to ascertain very quickly why the customer is coming onboard, ensure a smooth handover from sales and enable the customer to have an awesome onboarding experience.
- Because you know their particular reasons for joining them, you will then be able to build customised feedback reporting to the customer to ensure they are meeting their requirements.
Identify Customer Opportunities
- As the voice of the customer, you will be well placed to advise marketing on helpful content.
- You will take ownership of acquiring case studies and testimonials and will drive where and when these could be placed.
Co-ordinate Customer Support
- Identify and forecast expansion (upsell/cross-sell) opportunities through the development of customer relationships.
- You will proactively handle renewals to reduce churn and use as a means to capture new opportunity.
Functional/people Leadership experience
- As you will often be the first port of call for customers, you will work closely with all internal teams to ensure an exceptional customer experience and take care of any customer issues.
- Liaise with product experts inside the business to resolve product specific support requests
- Initially there will will be no team to support you with Customer Success, however the expectation is that this will change as the discipline is built out
- Leadership qualities which are important to this role are two-fold:
- Functional/directional leadership to establish and embed a world-class Customer Success function in the business
- Sustain and extend the Customer Success function through recruitment, development and success planning of a team
Who you are:
- Confident and composed; strong communication skills, with the ability to explain technical subjects
- Empathetic to customer struggles/challenges
- Proven ability to maintain highly valuable and outcome-based relationships
- Able to handle all conflict management
- EQ across generations and cultures
- Commercially minded
- Accountable (hold a NRR number)
- Passion for working in Commercial Real Estate
- Experience in B2B SaaS
- Experience in Hubspot and/or Salesforce a plus