PropTech COO role based in Miami, US.
My client is a VC backed Seed stage PropTech and are a technology-enabled title company that helps make more money for brokerages, saves time for realtors and provides a better experience to end-buyers and sellers
This is essentially as close to a cofounder role as possible, with highest-level access to all aspects of the business, including and transparency on key metrics and planning; revenue, profit, costs, runway, fundraising, product and business development.
All title operations roll up to this role, including title agents, title processors full-time and part-time title-related roles, vendors (Qualia, SafeEscrow), underwriters (Fidelity, First National), and other title-related personnel.
This role will also eventually oversee Human Resources and IT.
- Essentially full autonomy over the day-to-day function of the title operation
- Hiring, planning and management of the title team
- Onboarding, training programs, payroll management and other ongoing functions for title
- Creating methods of transparency to the executive and investor teams
- Systems and technology maintenance, contract negotiation and new technology rollouts
- Ensure the successful execution of their operations and ensuring they match service level agreements
- Creating presentations and ideas for expansion plans, including execution of those strategies (new territory rollout, extension of licenses, creation of new entities, etc.)
- Creating new entities, management of current entities and LLCs
- Maintaining relationships with current and future underwriters
- Managing relationships with their current and future brokerage partners
- Creating scalable practices for salaries and bonuses for current and future title operations personnel, agents, attorneys and paralegals
- Become an expert in RESPA and Gramm-Leach Bliley Laws Finance and Forecasting
- Preparing forecasting models for new brokerage partners
- Create transparent and clear ways of understanding current and future revenue, cost and profits
- Create DCF models for investors Sales and Marketing
- Participating in select meetings with sales teams to help with the sales process
- Work with brokerages on rollout plans
- Create strategies for getting more referrals from their current partners
- Work with the technology team to create ideas for new features for title operations and sellable features Other Departments
- Fundraising: Attending select fundraising meetings with current and future investors
- Fundraising: Preparing materials for data rooms and other documentation required or requested from investors
- HR: Setting up employees in their system in preparation for start dates
For further details please contact Hattie – Hattie.email@example.com