Contractor role based in Berlin, Germany.
They are looking for a contractor to join the team for the duration of the program that specialises in IOT and Digital buildings.
The Role is based in Berlin, Germany.
- Assist sites with installation and configuration of IoT devices (air quality, occupancy, energy sensors, etc) and gateway systems within buildings
- Work with venders to integrate building systems, and IoT devices
- Implement and configure data pipelines within cloud platform to support IoT data ingestion
- Understanding of ontologies and ensure data from all IoT devices are tagged through data normalization and enrichment processes,
- Monitor and ensure system uptime of digital building data feeds. Implement tools to monitor data streams and alert on low data quality/feed failure
- Triage IoT gateway connectivity Issues when necessary
Experience and Skills
- Knowledge of/experience with IoT devices, building systems and building controls protocols
- Hands on experience and knowledge of TCP/IP, networking, servers, firewalls etc
- Minimum 3 years’ experience building data pipelines or system integration
- Highly experienced with working on distributed systems
- Applied experience with device integration using APIs
- Experienced with low level systems troubleshooting, and experience using tools like Wireshark, NetFlow, Splunk
- Experience in system programming and can demonstrate knowledge in languages like Python, C#, BASH, JSON, YAML, & PowerShell
- Experience with industrial controls an asset
- Ability to manage large scale project implementations
- Excellent communication, presentation skills and ability to effectively work as part of a global distributed team.
- Self-starter and able to work independently