First and foremost is to sell. A lot. The rest of this is just a more broken down version of that:
- Address and sell to the SMB and subcontractor market. They want lots of small deals, new companies, and fast turnover.
- Research and understand the construction industry, its processes, its pains, and its people.
- Coordinate directly with Marketing, Product, and Development to share and streamline insights and support your sales efforts.
- Work with company leadership to build measurable, ambitious, and achievable sales targets.
- Cultivate, prioritize, and close leads in your target market to meet your targets, surpass them, and then blow them so far out of the water they end up wondering why they ever let you set them that low, to begin with.
Who they are looking for:
- A positive, energetic, and enthusiastic personality. You should be excited about the unlimited potential and opportunities that this role affords you.
- A growth personality. You should be ambitious and looking to grow, learning and measuring yourself introspectively.
- A people person, who loves building and maintaining meaningful connections with others. Talking to leads and customers should be a joy, not a task (for them as well).
Things you’re exceptionally good at:
- Selling: selling is an art, and they need an artist.
- Self-starting: you should be able and eager to maximize your possibilities and build out your days in ways that enable you to capitalize on every possible opportunity.
- Learning: selling to businesses means understanding those businesses. People spend years learning and understanding how construction works; you need to do it much faster.
- Teamwork: they know the old adage that sales is dog-eat-dog - and that’s not what they want. They want a team player, who understands that the biggest personal upside for them comes from the whole company succeeding.
The experience they’d like you to have:
- Experience selling to or working in the built environment - a must.
- Experience and results in sales with a small and growing startup company - at least two years.
- Experience and results in selling B2B SaaS solutions - at least 2 years.
What’s in it for you:
- Uncapped bonus structure.
- Significant promotion and growth opportunity.
- Potential for equity / options pack.
- Flexible work environment.
- Guaranteed annual compensation review.