As their Commercial Director, you will be a senior leader, responsible for nurturing their sales and growth efforts in their largest region of operation. You will devise and implement a scalable strategy to solution-oriented selling their assurance product, by helping prospects to understand how their client solution addresses their unique business needs. Reporting directly to the CEO, you’ll need to be eager to roll up your sleeves and facilitate every stage in the commercial cycle, from initial discovery, to pitching their solution, to pricing negotiations and value attribution.
This is a unique opportunity to shape their commercial operations within a world-class technology company, and set the tone for how they do sales. You’ll be tasked with growing your team and will be instrumental in shaping their processes, their positioning, and their strategy. They’re excited to have you join us, and will be committed to your success and development as they grow.
You’ll be joining a team backed by top investors from the US and UK that all believe in the future they can enable. They won the hottest Proptech startup at the Europas in 2019, Forbes think they are 1 of 10 machine learning companies to look out for and they recently picked up the best early stage company award at TechCrunch Disrupt.
What they need you to do:
Lead their commercial efforts in EMEA, with their existing customers and partners as well as through onboarding new customers and partners.
Show compassion and empathy, not just within, but with the construction industry as a whole. Earning the respect of those that work with us, through your thoughtful approach to addressing the biggest challenges the industry faces.
Gracefully deliver on 6+ figure deals, handling several deals simultaneously of varying complexity.
Recruit, educate and empower your team
Learn externally about methods and processes in sales, bring this excellence to our client to help us systematise their sales, enabling us to scale faster.
What you bring:
- You’ve got a technical degree/qualification, ideally in engineering, construction, or project management.
- Experience working in the construction or project delivery industry, where you’ve understood why a construction project can be delayed, and you can eloquently and thoughtfully discuss the challenges for contractors, clients, and other stakeholders
- Experience in selling services/consulting/scope/software to executives in the construction industry. Examples could include: Work winning (bidding), Client Account management, or management consulting.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- You're excited about the impact of what they're building: your energy, resolve, and drive inspires others to push for ambitious targets.
Nice to haves:
- Experience at selling high-end enterprise solutions
- Knowledge of forecasting and probabilistic modelling
- Experience in establishing sales systems and processes
Typical they are:
- Generally curious about the world.
- Serious, without taking themselves too seriously.
- Able to define their own work independently.
- Proactive about improving the world around them.
- Open-minded about new technical ideas.
- Willing to change their mind on the basis of the evidence.
What working will be like:
- They are still a small team so there is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the product, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts, not who you are or where you're from.
- They are a cross-disciplinary team, and come from all backgrounds and countries. They offer Visa sponsorship and contribute to relocation costs.
- Fantastic benefits package for Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Development, family leave, weekly team lunches and more.
- Please mention the word 'crane' when submitting your application, as attention to detail is an important attribute
- They are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure they have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.
- Having time to yourself and a private life is important. They offer a very flexible work environment and a generous holiday policy.
For further details please contact Brad - email@example.com