About Our Client
This dual purpose role would suit a consultant looking to gain diverse experience, working inhouse whilst also seeking to expand their consultancy experience in a fast paced environment, with a company committed to addressing the climate crisis.
Our client is the UK’s leading real estate service provider. They work with property of all types, ranging from the world’s most iconic rural estates through to the country’s leading urban developments and property portfolios. Our clients come from both the public and private sectors and they work with organisations of all sizes. Their sustainability team brings together over 30 professionals dedicated to inspiring and enabling their clients to make a positive impact on the planet.
This is a fixed term contract for 18 months with the opportunity to review thereafter.
This dual role requires a climate expert who is passionate about making real estate part of the solution rather than the problem, focusing on both reducing and mitigating climate change impacts and adapting a global real estate portfolio. Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting fund teams to develop energy and carbon reduction targets to meet our client’s ambition to halve carbon emissions and energy from assets under management by 2030 and reach net zero by 2040. This will initially be focused on funds forming 90% of funds with the highest carbon emissions as well as funds categorised as Article 8 under the Sustainable Financial Disclosure Regulations
- Lead the implementation of their TCFD roadmap, initially prioritising working with the fund teams to take the existing TCFD analysis findings
- Provide advice on net zero and climate mitigation to transaction managers as part of acquisitions process
- Draft climate adaptation strategy in alignment with the Better Buildings Partnership
- Climate Commitment, ensuring nature-based solutions are included
- Draft net zero audit process including scope of the audit
- Support fund teams with investor queries on climate mitigation and adaptation
- Run learning and engagement sessions on net zero carbon interventions and climate adaptation and help share case studies across teams
- Lead the development and delivery of the Climate Risk Assessment and TCFD advisory services lines.
- Support clients in developing and implementing the climate resilience and adaptation strategies and risk management processes, and provide advisory on related regulation and other market developments.
- Produce Climate Risks and Opportunities assessments, including client presentations and written reports to a high standard.
- Support clients in preparing TCFD aligned reports and
- Deliver training materials, client engagement and
- Produce marketing and case study
- Respond to requests for proposals and attend pitches on behalf of the property management and sustainability teams where relevant.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of their earth services, and where appropriate provide input to adapt and enhance processes to improve efficiency, quality and
- A climate and/or net zero carbon specialist who has experience implementing climate adaptation solutions to real estate properties focusing on residential, industrial, offices and retail (including supermarkets)
- Knowledge of Carbon Risk Real Estate pathways and practical application
- Experience of embedding net zero and climate change adaptation approaches to commercial real estate acquisitions process/and or development process
- Understanding of climate risks across multiple geographies
- Experience of undertaking net zero audits for commercial real estate
- Detailed understanding of energy and carbon legislation for property in Europe
- Passion and dedication
- Comfortable and skilled at working with ambiguity and complexity
- Excellent communicator with the ability to develop lasting and effective relationships with key stakeholders and have the desire to educate and upskill colleagues
- Knowledge of Task Force for Financial Related Climate Disclosures (TCFD)
- Climate Risk Modelling experience
- Highly motivated individual – with drive for development of
- Excellent time management, punctual and organised, can deliver work under pressure and to fixed deadlines.
- Ensuring our client meets the TCFD
Key benefits that the successful candidate will derive from this role include.
- The opportunity to be part of 2 fast growing teams that have an interesting and well-regarded pipeline of work.
- A variety of work that presents significant opportunity for personal development and career growth.
- Exposure to leading professionals within the field of Sustainability as well as other disciplines across both businesses.
- The opportunity to build on experience and undertake training designed to stay ahead of the competition.
- Supportive line management that is keen to provide you with opportunities to
- Competitive remuneration and benefits
Type of Assessment for this Role:
- 3 stage interview
- Skills Testing (e.g. excel, word)