About our client
Our Client is the leading global provider of a mission-critical software-as-a-service (“SaaS”) and on-demand digital infrastructure platform for the high growth flexible workspace and commercial real estate industry. Their technology was specifically designed and developed to help solve the complex operational and technological challenges faced by multi-site flexible workspace and agile real estate providers when they scale-up and focus on occupier in building experiences.
This is an opportunity to work for a public listed, global market leader in a highly vibrant and evolving industry.
They have built the only private cloud network to service the flexible workspace and commercial real estate industry which underpins their SaaS platforms. They simplify the day to-day management of office buildings and the provisioning of secure wifi, internet and digital infrastructure services to tenants. Their platforms automate key tasks and processes and help flexible workspace providers deliver highly efficient, customer-centric workspace solutions. Their partners include some of the largest landlords and flex operators in the world.
About the Role
The Director, Business Development role is an excellent opportunity to help the company capitalize and be rewarded on this rapidly expanding target market. This professional will be responsible for achieving growth in line with the company’s goals and developing [major landlord] [flex operator] relationships. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated professional with a strong sales/business development background and a verifiable track record in achieving aggressive growth at a Telecom company, ISP, carrier or network vendor. The role will include but is not limited to:
- Identifying and influencing key decision-makers and stakeholders at the highest levels within accounts, creating awareness and building client relationships
- Conducting proactive sales activities, including needs assessment, proposal presentation, deal negotiation and closure
- Understanding the customer’s needs and establishing our clients product as the best solution that solves the customer’s challenges
- Ability to manage complex sales cycles with multiple stakeholders in the decision making process
- Managing sales pipeline to ensure timely and accurate forecasting in Salesforce
- Achievement of Monthly Recurring Revenue figures and KPI targets
- Working closely with the Product, Development and Technical teams to review prospects’ requirements and influence our roadmap
- Explaining technical, design and security aspects of our product to prospects by presenting customized demos of our clients products
- Working with Product and Engineering teams to produce bid documentation and handling technical RFP responses
- Ensuring a seamless customer experience post-conversion
- Working with the broader business development team to increase brand awareness and market visibility
- 7-10+ years proven work experience in a sales/business development role at Telecom company, ISP, carrier, network vendor, etc….
- Experience building partnerships with landlords, property management firms and facilities managers specifically within the office sector
- Understanding basic network infrastructure language and configuration
- Experience with self-sourcing high-quality leads
- Track record of overachieving sales quotas and metrics
- Experience in customer needs assessment, sales opportunity development, account profiling, and long-term account strategy
- Understand the competitive landscape and client/industry needs and challenges to effectively position our solutions most effectively
- Skilled communicator and presenter, able to convey technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Interest in Real Estate, Proptech and SaaS
- Self-starter and someone who does not need to be told what to do but knows what it takes to win
- Detail oriented and analytical
- An entrepreneurial spirit, including a relentless work ethic and high degree of self-motivation
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, scale-up, hands-on environment
- Strong communicator and a team player
- Commercial mindset with creative problem-solving skillset