About Our Client
Our client is a leading, global commercial real estate service firm. They are seeking an Associate Workplace Strategist in their Workplace Practice Group to help them manage and continue to grow the firm’s Workplace practice. The Company has offices in 30+ US cities and 600 locations globally. The culture is meritocratic, collegial and highly entrepreneurial.
As an Associate Strategist in the group, this position will provide workplace support for fellow team members and senior leaders in client work, provide support and help manage business development pursuits, help create thought leadership collateral for the team, and learn to participate in “pitch” meetings in order to strengthen the firm’s business development efforts.
The Associate Strategist will help fellow team members develop strategies and approaches for clients to enable their employees to work more effectively, invest in their workspaces and work-from-anywhere technologies to improve talent attraction, retention, and productivity and further the client’s business mission. This position will work with their teammates, leaders and clients to understand client culture, technology, work methodology and business goals and then assist in executing workplace observation or measurement studies, elicit data and other feedback from clients in order to make appropriate recommendations. Additionally, this position will also involve assistance in roll-out and implementation planning, as well and Change Management and Communication strategies.
The position reports to the Workplace Practice Group leader who is based in New York City.
- Ability to assist and work on multiple client engagements concurrently with oversight from senior leaders
- Support fulfilling clients’ needs by defining, analyzing, and leading components of research activities
- Become a subject matter expert in Workplace analyses (e.g. utilization analysis, space analysis, Power BI or Tableau, etc.)
- Ability to consolidate various sources of data (research data, client data, benchmarking data, etc.) and analyzing that data to derive insightful observations and recommendations
- Assist in developing new tools and methodologies to support the streamlining of project delivery
- Execute appropriate research procedures and ensuring accuracy of quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Assist in developing strategic recommendations and building consensus with client leadership team
- Assist in executing cross-functional (often large scale) change initiatives
- Assist in continuously refining global workplace standards as the modern post-pandemic workplace pushes the need for change.
- Collaborate with clients to understand their needs, the issues they face, and the mindsets and behaviors that will support their transformative vision.
- Assist and support the facilitation of user groups, client work sessions and research activities to diagnose root challenges and distill qualitative and quantitative data into meaningful insights.
- Partner with teams to effectively solve unstructured problems to deliver on design strategy, experience design, organizational culture, and change enablement.
- Coordination and management of project support work such as meeting notes, scheduling and project tracking.
- Successfully deliver on multiple projects simultaneously, with a focus on excellence in service delivery and growing the team’s capabilities.
- Promote thought leadership on workplace and experience strategy, real estate and capital planning, culture transformation and change management.
- Support efforts in sales pursuits and proposal development.
- Assist in efforts supporting Brokerage Team relationships.
- 1-5+ years of credible, related work experience in the field of real estate, design, occupancy strategy or consulting
- Strong client-service oriented work ethic
- Ability to support projects within scope, schedule, quality and profitability parameter
- Ability to support complex programs, with more than one service included in the scope
- Passion for strategic and creative problem solving
- Strong quantitative/analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to present and articulate ideas and analyses
- Strong work ethic, personal and professional integrity, a positive attitude and genuine passion for excellence